Answered on October 19,2019
As mentioned in the question, currently it is not activated in both Kerala and Karnataka. You can get it activated either in Kerala or Karnataka.
Process to get it activated in Karnataka
- Get a Non-Utilization Certificate from RTO in Bangalore stating that your vehicle is not registered there. Non-utilization certificate is an official statement from the RTO stating that your vehicle is not re-registered in that state.
Documents required for getting Non-Utilization Certificate are listed below.
- A letter requesting Non-utilization certificate
- Original RC book
- Valid Insurance copy
- PUC certificate copy
- Affidavit stating that you have not registered vehicle in new state and no illegal work was done using that vehicle
- Police verification certificate from the police commissioner office of the migrated state
- Original NOC documents
- ID proof
- Once you get the Non-Utilization Certificate from RTO, submit it to RTO in Bangalore to cancel the NOC. Once NOC is cancelled, your vehicle will be registered in Karnataka.
Process to get it activated in Kerala
As it is a clerical error you should request the RTO to re-issue the NOC. You can contact any of the agentss listed here for helping you in this matter.
Once it is submitted, reach out to RTO in Kerala to register your vehicle in Kerala.