Answered on September 13,2019
No. Tax Refund is not applicable and is thus not payable to Second Owner (or subsequent owners).
Only, the original owner can apply for tax refund. In case, you are second owner, then the tax refund is not applicable
Road Tax is subject to be refunded
- Only in name of original owner who has initially paid the road tax
- Original Owner has to take NOC for transferring the vehicle to other state in his/her name, re-register the vehicle in his/her name in the new state as well.
- For refund of road tax, the original owner name should be same as in first state and second state
- Can any agent help in getting duplicate license issued in tolichowki Hyderabad as my license photo defaced and damaged? I'm based in Delhi now can't travel.Can this be done without my presence? Write Answer
- In gujarat rto, i applied for both mcwg and lmv. But gave the test of mcwg only. Will i get license of mcwg? Write Answer
- My LMV license taken from Karunagappaly and I renewed at kayamkulam 2 times. When I am trying to renew my license site shows de-duplication and asking to contact rto. What to do? Write Answer
- What documents do I have to submit to buy a vehicle in Goa as I am working in Goa from 3 yrs? Write Answer
- How to verify my driving licence number? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Molleti Ramesh Babu
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.