If I buy a used car and register it in another state, will tax refund be applicable ?

Venu Venu
Answered on September 13,2019

No. Tax Refund is not applicable and is thus not payable to Second Owner (or subsequent owners).

Only, the original owner can apply for tax refund. In case, you are second owner, then the tax refund is not applicable 

Road Tax is subject to be refunded

  • Only in name of original owner who has initially paid the road tax
  • Original Owner has to take NOC for transferring the vehicle to other state in his/her name, re-register the vehicle in his/her name in the new state as well.
  • For refund of road tax, the original owner name should be same as in first state and second state