Answered on July 05,2018
There are two ways to solve your problem:
- Get back the registered mobile number
- Visit your service provider and inform about loss of your SIM. They will deactivate earlier SIM and give you another SIM with your mobile number remaining the same.
- Visit https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update
- Enter your Aadhar Number
- An OTP will be send to your registered mobile number. Submit the OTP
- After successful submission, you will be asked to choose the field you need to update among name, gender, DOB, Address, mobile number and email id. Select the field to update. Click on submit button
- Enter updated Name and Address. Click on Modify button,
- When you don’t have your registered mobile number
As you have lost your registered mobile number, you cannot update your number in Aadhaar through online. This is because, when you try to update your mobile number through online, an OTP will be send to your registered number, which you have already lost.
So you need to update the number in Aadhar by visiting the nearest Aadhaar enrollment centre. You will be asked to fill a form like this.
Earlier, there used to be a check box to indicate that Phone number is to be updated. Recent versions have removed it. Once you fill this form, ask the Data Entry Operator to only modify the telephone number. Operator will verify your biometric details before updating the new number.
It will take around 7 days to reflect the change.
- How to change my Aadhaar in Digilocker?
- My aadhaar number has 12 digits but Digilocker only shows the last 4 digits. What to do?
- Is masked aadhaar in Digilocker accepted by the railways department?
- Can I view my land records in Kerala with my Aadhaar card?
- How can I get the owner details of registered land in Kerala?
- How can I get a Domicile Certificate as I don't have an Aadhar card?
- What to do as I can't login and my number and aadhar is linked with 2 accounts in Digilocker?