I have lost my mobile number and do not possess the number that I enrolled with in Aadhaar. How should I submit my Update request?
In case you have lost/do not possess anymore the mobile that you have declared at the time of enrolment, you will have to visit the nearest Update Centre to personally update the information.
Even if you lost your mobile number, you can update Aadhar with new number. Mobile number update in Aadhaar requires Biometric Authentication, it cannot be done online. For updating mobile number, you need to visit the nearest Aadhar Service Centre.
- Visit your nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Centre. You can find nearest aadhaar service centre from here.
- Fill the Aadhaar update form to change your mobile number on Aadhar. You can also download Aadhar update form and fill it before reaching the office.
- Enter only your current mobile number in the form.You need not mention your previous mobile number. You do not have to provide any proof for updating your mobile number.
- Enrollment officer takes your biometrics to authenticate your identity
- Officer hands over the acknowledgement slip containing URN to you
- The URN can be used to check the status of aadhar online.
- You have to pay a fee of INR 50/- to the executive
- Your mobile number will be updated in Aadhaar within 90 days
- For Update of Mobile number/Email ID, the notification will be sent on the given mobile number/email ID.