Answered on August 10,2019
You don't need to have a caste certificate of your parent or grandfather to prove your caste. If any of your relatives such as an uncle, aunt, etc. have caste certificate, you can use the same.
Also, if you have your school leaving certificate with caste mentioned in it, it can be used as Caste Proof. School leaving certificate of your parents, uncle, aunt, etc. can also be used as proof of caste.
Answered on August 11,2019
Caste certificate of your parent or relative is required to prove your caste. However, it is not necessary that you should ONLY have a caste certificate of your parent or relative to prove your caste. You can have any of the following document as proof of your caste
Extract of Primary School Register of applicant or father or grandfather
Primary School Leaving Certificate of applicant or his father
Extract of Birth Register of applicant or father or relative
An extract of Government Service Record (book) mentioning caste/community category of applicant's father or relative.
Document certifying caste issued by department of social justice
Validity Certificate if any of father or relative which is issued by scrutiny committee
Copy of revenue records or village panchayat record
Documentary evidence in regard to the caste and ordinary place of residence prior to the date of notification of the caste
Other relevant documentary evidence issued by competent authority
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
- ഞാൻ ഹിന്ദു ഈഴവ ആണ്. ഭർത്താവ് ഹിന്ദു SC ആണ്. എൻ്റെ മകന് അമ്മയുടെ ജാതി നൽകാൻ കഴിയുമോ? Write Answer
- My parents do not have any school documents in Kerala. How can I get my non-creamy layer certificate? Write Answer
- I lost my new caste certificate number issued by Government of Karnataka. Can I get that new certificate using old caste certificate number? Write Answer
- I received OBC Non creamy certificate from edistrict Kerala. But Central Institution prospectus want it to be given in proforma given in it. Is this proforma just a guide or strictly followed? Write Answer
- What if my non creamy layer certificate (for central educational purpose) application status in Kerala is "verification"? Do I need to wait for some more days or to resubmit? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
PGN Property Management
Indian Highways Management Company Limited
Tahsildar, Kurnool District, AP / Govind Singh R
Advocate Sreekala B @6282313023
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.