I am an NRI. How to register for Aadhaar card ?
Anyone who has stayed in India for 182 days or more, in the 12 months right before the date of application is eligible to apply for an Aadhaar card.
- Visit UIDAI website
- Click on "Locate an Enrollment Centre"
- Now you can locate enrollment centre by entering details of State, Pincode or by directly entering name of the place.
- Once the Aadhar enrolment centre is located, the candidate can visit the centre with documents for proof of address, identity and date of birth.
- Submit the required documents
- Once the documents are verified, biometric scanning will be done, where all ten of his fingers will be scanned to establish the unique identity.
- Candidate's iris will be scanned then.
- Once these procedures are complete, photograph of the applicant will be taken by the web-camera at the enrolment centre.
- You will receive an acknowledgment slip from Aadhar enrollment center. The top of your acknowledgement slip contains 14 digit enrolment number (1234/12345/12345) and the 14 digit date and time (dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss) of enrolment. These 28 digits together form your Enrolment ID (EID).
- You can track the status of your aadhar from this Enrollment ID