Answered on February 11,2019
Anyone who has stayed in India for 182 days or more, in the 12 months right before the date of application is eligible to apply for an Aadhaar card.
- Visit UIDAI website
- Click on "Locate an Enrollment Centre"
- Now you can locate enrollment centre by entering details of State, Pincode or by directly entering name of the place.
- Once the Aadhar enrolment centre is located, the candidate can visit the centre with documents for proof of address, identity and date of birth.
- Submit the required documents
- Once the documents are verified, biometric scanning will be done, where all ten of his fingers will be scanned to establish the unique identity.
- Candidate's iris will be scanned then.
- Once these procedures are complete, photograph of the applicant will be taken by the web-camera at the enrolment centre.
- You will receive an acknowledgment slip from Aadhar enrollment center. The top of your acknowledgement slip contains 14 digit enrolment number (1234/12345/12345) and the 14 digit date and time (dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss) of enrolment. These 28 digits together form your Enrolment ID (EID).
- You can track the status of your aadhar from this Enrollment ID