Answered on February 12,2019
Address update happens in following cases.
- If you want to update your address with a new address which is within same constituency, you can use form 8A
- If you want to update your address with a new address which is outside of your existing constituency, you can use form 6. This happens when you move from one city/state to another city/state
- If you have some typo or clerical error in your address, you can correct it with form 8. Step by step instruction to correct your address is mentioned below.
Follow the below steps to update your address in Voter ID card online, due to typo or clerical error in your address.
- Visit National Voter Service Portal
- Click on Form - 8 (Correction of entries in electoral roll)
- Enter details about State, District, Assembly/Parliamentary Constituency.
- Enter your name and surname.Please mention your name in English and official language of the State both
- Enter part number and serial number
- Enter Elector's Photo Identity Card (EPIC) number
- Choose the field that needs to be updated. In this case, choose "Address"
- Provide your updated address.
- Upload supporting documents for change of address.
- Provide declaration
- Now you will receive an email with a link that lets you track your voter ID application status. It may take around 30 days for your application to be processed and for a voter ID to be issued.
Answered on December 02,2019
A short video on how to update address in Voter ID Card is provided below.
How to correct Voter ID card details ?A Voter ID Card, also known as the Electors Photo Identity Card (EPIC) is a photo identity card that is issued by the Election Commission of India to all the citizens of India above the age ..
How to Vote in elections ?Elections will be held in India every 5 years. In this guide, we will brief you on how to vote for elections in India. Eligibility Following people are eligible to cast their vote. Fo..