Answered on September 30,2019
Follow the below steps to apply for Voter ID card online.
- Visit National Voter Service Portal
- Click on Form - 6 (Apply online for registration of new voter/due to shifting from AC)
- Fill details about State, District, and Assembly/Parliamentary Constituency. As you are a first-time voter, click on the button near to it.
- Enter details about name, name of a relative of the applicant, type of relation, your age or date of birth and gender.
- The name as it should appear in the electoral roll and Electors Photo Identity Card (EPIC) should be furnished. The full name should be written in the first box and surname should be written in the second box. In case you do not have a surname, just write the given name. Caste should not be mentioned except where the caste name is used as part of the elector’s name or a surname. Honorific appellations like Shri, Smt. Kumari, Khan, Begum, Pandit etc. should not be mentioned. Please mention your name in English and official language of the State both, if possible.
- Enter the current address where the applicant is ordinarily resident.
- Enter the permanent address of the applicant.
- Enter optional particulars, if any
- Fill the declaration
- Once you have entered all the details, click on the "Submit" button.
- Now you will receive an email with a link that lets you track your voter ID application status. It may take around 30 days for your application to be processed and for a voter ID to be issued.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
How to do Voter ID correction online?A Voter ID Card, also known as the Electors Photo Identity Card (EPIC) is a photo identity card that is issued by the Election Commission of India to all the citizens of India above the age ..
Click here to get a detailed guide
How to Vote in elections in India?Elections will be held in India every 5 years. In this guide, we will brief you on how to vote for elections in India. Eligibility Criteria to Vote for Elections in India Following peopl..
Click here to get a detailed guide
- How to find my voter ID by name? Write Answer
- I have applied for new voter id and it got approved it. But still I can't find my name in search details and EPIC also. So can anyone guide me? Write Answer
- I submitted my new voter application form 1 month ago but still application status showing only submitted. What should I do now? Write Answer
- What does it mean when the current status of my voter ID application shows "Marked Incomplete"? Write Answer
- I have submitted my application for voter id but I got a message as your application is incomplete. What to do? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
PGN Property Management
Indian Highways Management Company Limited
Tahsildar, Kurnool District, AP / Govind Singh R
Advocate Sreekala B @6282313023
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.