How to link Aadhar with Pan card ?
As per the directions of the Income Tax Department, details like Name, Date of Birth and Gender as per PAN will be validated against Aadhaar Database. If any of these do not match, ‘Identity data Mismatch’ error appears and the linking would not be done.
You need to update the details in either of the documents. For further information, please get in touch with Income Tax Department website (https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/)
Aadhar card can be linked with Pan card in 2 ways.
- By Online
- By SMS
- Visit Income tax e-filing website
- Click on Link Aadhaar
- In the new window, enter PAN number and Aadhaar number
- Enter name as per Aadhaar card
- If your year of birth is mentioned on Aadhaar card, click on the tick mark
- Enter the captcha code
- Click on "Link Aadhaar"
- If data on your Aadhaar and Pan card matches, you will get a pop-up mentioning that pan card and aadhaar card is linked successfully.
- Send SMS to 567678 or 56161 from your registered mobile number in the following format: UIDPAN
- If data on your Aadhaar and Pan card matches, you will get a message on the registered mobile number, that pan card and aadhaar card is linked successfully.
There are chances that data on your Pan card may not match with Aadhar card. Details like name, date of birth and gender as per PAN will be validated against your Aadhar details. If any of these do not match, ‘Identity data Mismatch’ error appears and the linking would not be done. In that case, you need to update these details in either Pan card or Aadhaar card.
If you want to make changes in Aadhaar card, click any of the below links.
- Update name on Aadhaar card
- Update date of birth on Aadhaar card
- Update mobile number on Aadhaar card
- Update address on Aadhaar card
- Update address on Aadhaar card without address proof
If you want to make changes in Pan card, please check the below link
PAN Card - Recently Asked Questions
I have bought a property during the financial year 2019-20 for Rs 60 lakh. While making a payment, I am supposed to deduct TDS at the rate of one per cent. Can I use Aadhaar number instead of PAN of the seller to quote in the TDS return Form 26QB?