Answered on December 14,2017
As per the directions of the Income Tax Department, details like Name, Date of Birth and Gender as per PAN will be validated against Aadhaar Database. If any of these do not match, ‘Identity data Mismatch’ error appears and the linking would not be done.
You need to update the details in either of the documents. For further information, please get in touch with Income Tax Department website (https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/)
Answered on February 07,2019
Aadhar card can be linked with Pan card in 2 ways.
- By Online
- By SMS
- Visit Income tax e-filing website
- Click on Link Aadhaar
- In the new window, enter PAN number and Aadhaar number
- Enter name as per Aadhaar card
- If your year of birth is mentioned on Aadhaar card, click on the tick mark
- Enter the captcha code
- Click on "Link Aadhaar"
- If data on your Aadhaar and Pan card matches, you will get a pop-up mentioning that pan card and aadhaar card is linked successfully.
- Send SMS to 567678 or 56161 from your registered mobile number in the following format: UIDPAN
- If data on your Aadhaar and Pan card matches, you will get a message on the registered mobile number, that pan card and aadhaar card is linked successfully.
There are chances that data on your Pan card may not match with Aadhar card. Details like name, date of birth and gender as per PAN will be validated against your Aadhar details. If any of these do not match, ‘Identity data Mismatch’ error appears and the linking would not be done. In that case, you need to update these details in either Pan card or Aadhaar card.
If you want to make changes in Aadhaar card, click any of the below links.
- Update name on Aadhaar card
- Update date of birth on Aadhaar card
- Update mobile number on Aadhaar card
- Update address on Aadhaar card
- Update address on Aadhaar card without address proof
If you want to make changes in Pan card, please check the below link
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
- Is it possible to open a new zero balance account with just an Aadhar card if I don't have a PAN? Which bank offers such accounts? Write Answer
- Is it possible to change the Date of Birth in my Aadhaar card to match the DOB on my PAN card? I only have the PAN card as the correct proof of my DOB. Could you kindly suggest the process for changing the DOB in my Aadhaar card to match the one on my PAN card? Write Answer
- How can I cancel my e pancard? Write Answer
- Can we create a bank account with Aadhar card and pan card having different addresses? Write Answer
- We have only the year in date of birth but we don't have month and date. Can we link Aadhaar and Pan? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Vileena Rathnam Manohar
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
PGN Property Management
See more contributors
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.