Answered on January 07,2023
Registration of Lease agreement is mandatory for a lease period of more than 11 months
Below are the government charges for registration of lease agreement
- Stamp Duty: 1%
- Registration fee: 0.5%
- Scanning fee: Rs. 500 (approx)
Formula to calculate stamp duty and registration fee: Average annual rent + GST at 18% + Security deposit
- Monthly rent Rs. 25000
- Security deposit Rs. 1,00,000
- Duration: 12 Months
- Average annual rent: 25000X12/12= 25000
- GST at 18%: 25000*18% = 4500
Formula & Calculation : Average annual rent + GST at 18% + security deposit so 25000+4500+100000= 1,29,500/-
- Stamp Duty at 1%: 1,29,500 X 1% = 1,295
- Registration fee at 0.5%: 1,29,500 X 0.5% =647.5 (round off Rs. 648)
- Scanning fee: Rs. 500 (approx)
Hence the total government charge is Rs. 2443
We must pay the above government charge on K2 website and generate the K2 challan before the registration of lease agreement in sub-registrar office.
Lessor, Lessee and two witnesses must present in sub-registrar office for registration of Lease agreement.
Registration of Lease agreement is option for a Lease period of less or equal to 11 months
In Bangalore, most of residential Lease agreements are made for a period of 11 months, post the 11 months, agreement would be renewed for another 11 months on the mutual concern of owner and tenant
11-month Lease agreement made on Rs. 200 non-judicial E-Stamp paper. 11 month agreement looks like below image
We provide Lease agreement service. Same-day express delivery is available.
To opt for our service, please Whatsapp to + 9 1 - 9 7 4 2 4 7 9 0 2 0.
Thank you for reading…
Answered on December 28,2017
Based on the stamp paper used for the agreement.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
- How much stamp paper I have to take if I have to give my house for lease in Karnataka for 3 years?
- I am from Telangana state. I am cultivating agricultural land on lease from 4 years. How can approach Mee Seva to get an agricultural income certificate?
- What is difference between rent agreement and lease agreement?
- How to get stamp duty exemption and registration fees concession certificate for registration of lease cum sale deed in case of shed, land and plot alloted by KIABD/KSSIDC/KEONICS/KSSIIDC/Industrial Co-Operative/Approved Private Industrial Estate(SHLCC Approved Projects) in Karnataka?
- How to get stamp duty exemption and registration fees concession certificate for registration of lease cum sale deed in case of shed, land and plot alloted by KIABD/KSSIDC/KEONICS/KSSIIDC/Industrial Co-Operative/Approved private industrial estate( DLSWCC/SLSWCCC approved projects) in Karnataka?
- How to get allotment of Sites, Shops and Godowns on Lease cum sale basis to the Service Institutions in Karnataka?
- Where can I get rental agreement, lease agreement online in Bangalore?
Top contributors this week
PGN Property Management
Indian Highways Management Company Limited
Tahsildar, Kurnool District, AP / Govind Singh R
Advocate Sreekala B @6282313023
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.