Answered on March 04,2018
Depending on whether an application is for issue of fresh passport or re-issue of passport, Passport Office shall decide whether Police Verification is required for issuance of passport to you. In most cases of issue of fresh passport, pre-police verification would be required, exception being Government servants on submission of 'Identity Certificate' as per Annexure 'A', or minors whose parent(s) hold valid passport etc.
Normal passport applications of all first time applicants furnishing Aadhaar, Electoral Photo Identity Card (EPIC), Permanent Account Number (PAN) Card or Ration Card and an affidavit in the format of Annexure-E will be processed on Post-Police Verification basis, enabling faster issue of passport, without payment of any additional fees, subject to successful online validation of Aadhaar number. In addition, EPIC and PAN card may also be validated, if required, from the respective databases. The general rules, regulations and procedures pertaining to issue of passports as stipulated in Passports Act and Passports Rule would apply. In most cases of Re-issue, depending on records available in the Passport Office system, police verification would not be required or only post police verification would be required, exceptions being Re-issue of passport in lieu of lost passport or complete change of name.
The issuance of passport on Post police verification under the Normal scheme depends on case to case basis. The applicant has to submit the additional required documents along with the application form to get the passport on No or Post police verification basis. To check the list of additional documents to be submitted along with the application, please click on "Documents Required" link on Home page.
- Is passport available on the Digilocker app?
- Can I make a rental agreement of my previous rental house in which I am no longer staying? That is a document showing that I lived there for a certain period of time as a proof to show to passport authorities?
- I have lost my 10th marksheet and birth certificate. How can I apply for the passport?
- Can I use my 10th and 12th marksheet in digilocker as verification document for fresh passport issuance?
- I did not add my 10th mark sheet to my passport. but I want to add it and I'm unaware of the procedure. How to add my 10th mark sheet and change my ENCR ?
- I don't have mark sheet. I have studied 5th standard. I want the emigration of passport. How to get it?
- I have only adhaar card and passport. But I want voter card and ration card. How to get it?