Answered on March 04,2018
Depending on whether an application is for issue of fresh passport or re-issue of passport, Passport Office shall decide whether Police Verification is required for issuance of passport to you. In most cases of issue of fresh passport, pre-police verification would be required, exception being Government servants on submission of 'Identity Certificate' as per Annexure 'A', or minors whose parent(s) hold valid passport etc.
Normal passport applications of all first time applicants furnishing Aadhaar, Electoral Photo Identity Card (EPIC), Permanent Account Number (PAN) Card or Ration Card and an affidavit in the format of Annexure-E will be processed on Post-Police Verification basis, enabling faster issue of passport, without payment of any additional fees, subject to successful online validation of Aadhaar number. In addition, EPIC and PAN card may also be validated, if required, from the respective databases. The general rules, regulations and procedures pertaining to issue of passports as stipulated in Passports Act and Passports Rule would apply. In most cases of Re-issue, depending on records available in the Passport Office system, police verification would not be required or only post police verification would be required, exceptions being Re-issue of passport in lieu of lost passport or complete change of name.
The issuance of passport on Post police verification under the Normal scheme depends on case to case basis. The applicant has to submit the additional required documents along with the application form to get the passport on No or Post police verification basis. To check the list of additional documents to be submitted along with the application, please click on "Documents Required" link on Home page.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
Tweet this question to the Government
- How to change my employment type in Indian passport? Write Answer
- मेरी पुलिस वेरिफिकेशन क्लियर हो चुकी है|पासपोर्ट कब मिलेगा? Write Answer
- In the "Tatkal" passport application form, I mistakenly wrote the wrong house no. information. I have scheduled the appointment. Can i change the information at PSK? Write Answer
- My Passport appointment was 7 days ago. But police verification has not been done yet, and the status still shows "under review." What should I do in this situation? Write Answer
- How i check passport detail with my passport number Write Answer
Top contributors this week
pravasi online helper
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Tahsildar, Kurnool District, AP / Govind Singh R
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.