Can affidavit be accepted as a proof of identity for Aadhar Card?  

Jijo Jijo
Answered on January 31,2019

The answer is No, an affidavit alone cannot be accepted as a proof of identity. If you wish to know about the acceptable proof of identity documents, refer to the link below:

Sohan Sohan
Answered on January 31,2019

Supported proof of address (POA) Documents Required for Aadhar Updating or Correction

    • Passport.
    • Statement of bank in which the applicant holds an account.
    • Passbook of bank where the applicant is an account-holder.
    • Account statement or passbook of the Post Office.
    • Ration Card.
    • Voter Identification card.
    • Driving licence of the applicant.
    • Photo identification cards issued by the Government.
    • PSU issued Service photo ID card.
    • Previous 3 months’ electricity bill.
    • Water bill as long as it is not more than 3 months’ old.
    • Previous three months’ landline bill related to telephone.
    • Receipt showing the Property Tax of the last 3 months.
    • Last three months’ Credit Card statement.
    • Insurance policy.
    • Photo and a letter signed by bank on letterhead.
    • Signed letter and photo on the letterhead of the company issued by the registered office.
    • Photo and signed letter issued by a well-known educational enterprise on their letterhead.
    • Job card of NREGS.
    • Arms licence.
    • Pensioner card.
    • Freedom fighter card.
    • Kisan passbook.
    • CGHS card.
    • ECHS card.
    • Address certificate along with a photo on their letterhead that is issued either by an MP, MLA, Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar.
    • Address Certificate issued by the Village Panchayat head or any authority equivalent to them for rural areas.
    • Assessment order of the Income Tax.
    • Registration certificate of vehicle.
    • Registered agreement for sale, lease or rent of the applicant’s residential address.
    • Photo and address card by the Department of Posts.
    • Caste and Domicile certificate along with a photo that the State Government has issued.
    • Previous 3 month’s bill of gas connection. Either a handicapped medical certificate or a disability Identification card that is issued by either a State Government, UT Government or any Administrations
    • Spouse’s or partner’s passport.
  • For minors, parents’ passport is required.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question


How to download Aadhaar card ?

Aadhaar (UID) is a 12 digit unique number which helps you to verify your identity all over the country. Apart from serving the purpose of verification, aadhar also helps individual to open n..
  Click here to get a detailed guide


How to Update Aadhaar Card Details ?

Aadhaar is a 12 digit unique number which helps you to verify your identity all over the country. All the details provided in Aadhaar regarding your identity can be updated. Following detai..
  Click here to get a detailed guide