Answered on January 30,2018
Birth certificate is not compulsory for passport. You can submit any one of the following documents as the proof of DOB while submitting the passport application:
- Birth Certificate
- Transfer/School leaving/Matriculation Certificate
- PAN Card issued by the Income Tax Department with the DOB of applicant;
- Aadhaar Card/E-Aadhaar having the DOB of applicant;
- Copy of the extract of the service record of the applicant (only in respect of Government servants) or the Pay Pension Order (in respect of retired Government Servants), duly attested/certified by the officer/in-charge of the administration of the concerned Ministry/Department of the applicant, having his DOB;
- Driving license
- Election Photo Identity Card
- Policy Bond issued by the Public Life Insurance Corporations/Companies having the DOB of the holder of the insurance policy
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
- What should I put in 'employment type' in passport if I just completed the graduation exam but I have no certificate? Will they ask for bonafide certificate? Write Answer
- How many years old rental agreement is required for passport verification? Write Answer
- I have applied for ECR passport to ECNR. But my father's name is different on 10th certificate and Aadhar card. Is there any problem to get my ECNR passport? And how much is the processing time for passport? Write Answer
- How can I change my place of birth in passport? Write Answer
- My mom is not having 10th certificate and Birth certificate. Can i apply for the passport with only pan card and aadhar card and bank passbook and electricity bill? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Vileena Rathnam Manohar
A R Ashraf
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.