Why is birth certificate required for passport ?
Birth certificate is not compulsory for passport. You can submit any one of the following documents as the proof of DOB while submitting the passport application:
- Birth Certificate
- Transfer/School leaving/Matriculation Certificate
- PAN Card issued by the Income Tax Department with the DOB of applicant;
- Aadhaar Card/E-Aadhaar having the DOB of applicant;
- Copy of the extract of the service record of the applicant (only in respect of Government servants) or the Pay Pension Order (in respect of retired Government Servants), duly attested/certified by the officer/in-charge of the administration of the concerned Ministry/Department of the applicant, having his DOB;
- Driving license
- Election Photo Identity Card
- Policy Bond issued by the Public Life Insurance Corporations/Companies having the DOB of the holder of the insurance policy
Birth Certificates - Recently Asked Questions
I am eligible for mathrushree scheme and I also submitted all the required documents to the anganawadi teacher. But I have not got any of money through this scheme. So I want to know what the steps I have to take and also can I raise complaint towards this ?
My daugher birth certificate had no name when we got it. Later after 6 months we added name on it with pen and did not know if anything else is needed. Now when we apply for visa, we feel this birth certificate will be rejected as we put name by hand. Now is it possible to re-issue a new birth certificate with name? How soon we can get it?