Answered on January 20,2023
RECTIFICATION DEED is a supplementary document executed between parties to correct mistakes in parent deed.
Let me give a real example that how I registered my rectification deed:
We registered the sale deed dated 12-12-2022 in Rajajinagar sub-registrar office Bangalore
In the sale deed, we made following mistakes
- Aadhaar number of consent witness was entered wrong
- Khata certificate number entered wrong
- In property schedule, measurement was entered wrong
To correct the above mistakes, we registered the rectification deed dated 29-12-2022 in Rajajinagar sub-registrar office Bangalore.
We followed these three steps to register the Rectification deed:
- Government fee (Stamp Duty & Registration fee)
Let me explain the above steps in detail:
Step 1: Prepare a draft in word format. A draft looks like below image
Printed the draft on document paper for registration.
Step 2: We paid the following government fee on K2 website and generate K2 challan.
- Stamp Duty: Rs. 200
- Registration fee: Rs. 200
- Scanning fee: Rs. 350
We made the payment through net banking and generated below K2 challan
Step 3: Carried following documents to sub-registrar office for registration of rectification deed
- Sale Deed
- Tax paid receipt
- Government fee receipt (K2 challan)
- Printed Rectification deed (to be registered)
- PAN & Aadhaar of seller & buyer
- In sub-registrar office, the officer verifies the above-listed documents including payment success report of government fee. Upon the successful scrutiny of above documents, officer approved for registration.
- Buyer, seller and two witnesses signed the rectification deed
- Buyer and seller provided biometric thumb impression, webcam photo and OTP authentication.
Below is the image of registered Rectification deed