Answered on July 24,2019
Betterment charges have to be paid to upgrade from B Khata certificate to A Khata certificates.
There are two types of properties. A-Khatha certificates are issued for properties which have been developed as per the sanctions. There will be valid licenses and approvals. If you possess A-Khata certificate, you will be able to take loans from banks and financial institutions without any issues.
If there are valid sanctions and approvals, B-Khatha certificates are issued. The certificate denotes that the tax to the property is being paid to the Government. B Khatha is not valid Khatha extract. You will not be able to get loans from financial institutions.
However, owners of B khata properties can upgrade to A khata by paying a fee known as Betterment Charges along with appropriate documentation.
As per 2014 data, BBMP collect a betterment charge of INR 200 per square meter in its 100 old wards, and INR 250 per square meter in the remaining 98 wards of New Bangalore
- Can I pay property tax to BBMP without getting Khata transferred from the builder?
- How do I know my flat registration is done?
- How do you find the application number to pay the BBMP property tax in Bangalore, India?
- What is a non-judicial stamp paper? Why is it required? What are differences between 10 Rs, 20 Rs, and 50 Rs non-judicial stamp papers?
- How do I pay the BBMP property tax online?
- How do I register online to pay the BBMP property tax?
- How to get Sanction of Building Plan from BBMP in sites upto 2400 sq.ft. dimension for residential single dwelling unit in Bangalore?