Answered on July 24,2019
Betterment charges have to be paid to upgrade from B Khata certificate to A Khata certificates.
There are two types of properties. A-Khatha certificates are issued for properties which have been developed as per the sanctions. There will be valid licenses and approvals. If you possess A-Khata certificate, you will be able to take loans from banks and financial institutions without any issues.
If there are valid sanctions and approvals, B-Khatha certificates are issued. The certificate denotes that the tax to the property is being paid to the Government. B Khatha is not valid Khatha extract. You will not be able to get loans from financial institutions.
However, owners of B khata properties can upgrade to A khata by paying a fee known as Betterment Charges along with appropriate documentation.
As per 2014 data, BBMP collect a betterment charge of INR 200 per square meter in its 100 old wards, and INR 250 per square meter in the remaining 98 wards of New Bangalore
- What is a non-judicial stamp paper? Why is it required? What are differences between 10 Rs, 20 Rs, and 50 Rs non-judicial stamp papers?
- What are the charges for B Katha transfer?
- Regarding BBMP khata transfer, application has been submitted and the status in the sakala website shows "Documents verified". But I am not receiving any sms for each stage as mentioned in sakala FAQs. I have checked the acknowledgment slip and my phone number details are correctly provided. What could be the reason of not receiving sms ? Since i am not receiving sms status update, how will I know when is the time to pay the fees and Bangalore One center?
- What are the steps to be followed in A kaha transfer in bbmp limits online? The katha tranfer for release deed.
- Whether a building number is essential for a copra business in Kerala?
- How to get permission from BBMP to build Hospital?
- How to get Building Licence for construction from Town Panchayats limit in Tamil Nadu?
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
PGN Property Management
The Nilgiris TV
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.