We have an undivided ancestral property acquired from my grand father.My father is expired.Me,my brother and my mother have equal rights on that property as it is an ancestral property.We want to sell that property.My brother wants to give his share also to me but he is unable to come to india.He is a green card holder in USA.How we have to proceed to sale this property legally?

Follow the below steps to sell your ancestral property 

  1. Obtain your father's death certificate 
  2. Get the family tree certificate from revenue department 
  3. Transfer the khata to you, your brother and your mother name (joint khata transfer)
  4. Get the POA from your brother in USA
  5. Proceed with sale of the property 

How would you rate the answer?

Excellent Good Neutral Poor Bad

Thank you for your response..

Hey , can you help?
Answer this question