Answered on July 20,2023
Follow the below steps to sell your ancestral property
- Obtain your father's death certificate
- Get the family tree certificate from revenue department
- Transfer the khata to you, your brother and your mother name (joint khata transfer)
- Get the POA from your brother in USA
- Proceed with sale of the property
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
- How do I cancel Memorandum of Deposit of Title Deed (MODT) online in Karnataka? Through Kaveri Online Services. I am transferring the bank loan from one bank to another bank Write Answer
- Can i buy a non conversation land in Bangalore near mylsandndra for construction of an house? Write Answer
- How can I get e swathu from Municipal katha site? Write Answer
- I want to sell my house. Apart from guideline value, property rates are higher. So can a buyer pay my home loan as a gift? What will be tax implications from him as a buyer & me as a seller? Write Answer
- What is the process of khata transfer for bda plot? I recently purchased a plot. Will the khata be transferred automatically from bbmp? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
Advocate Sreekala B @6282313023
Vileena Rathnam Manohar
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.