My passport has an error on my birthplace. How can I change it?

Listin Listin
Answered on August 21,2019

To change the place of birth in the passport, you have to apply for a "Re-issue" of passport and get the specified change done in the personal particulars.

You need the following documents to get place of birth updated in Passport.

  • Old Passport in original with self-attested photocopy of its first two and last two pages, including ECR/Non-ECR page (previously ECNR) and the page of observation (if any), made by Passport Issuing Authority and validity extension page, if any, in respect of short validity passport

  • Affidavit stating the reason for change in Place of Birth

  • Proof of Place of Birth

If you are born abroad, then you need to provide the following document as well.

  • First class judicial magistrate's /Sub-divisional magistrate's (civil court) court order

  • Attach Document No. 7(Certificate of citizenship by Ministry of Home Affairs)

Rajeev Rajeev
Answered on August 21,2019

You need to get your passport re-issued. Documents required for the same can be obtained from the link below.

Document required for updating birthplace in Passport
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question


How to get Passport in India? - Online Application, Police Verification,Tracking & Delivery

A passport is a travel document, usually issued by a country's government to its citizens, that certifies the identity and nationality of its holder primarily for the purpose of internationa..
  Click here to get a detailed guide