Answered on December 28,2017
If you are staying for less than 11 months, then it depends on the Rental Agreement you signed with the owner of your rented house. There might/will be a clause in the Agreement like you must stay for atleast 8 months or so, if not, then some amount (generally one/two months rent) will be deducted as penalty along with other charges mentioned in your Agreement Otherwise you could always request the landlord to break the lease without major loss to both parties.
- What are some points to remember while drafting a rental agreement ?
- Can a cowner do a rental agreement on the absence of an owner?
- Is backdated rent agreement created on today's date stamp paper allowed?
- Who keeps the original rent agreement, the land lord or tenant?
- What are my options if my landlord does not return my deposit money?
- I am a senior citizen was doing insurance business and rental income filed ITR 3 for few years. Last year no income from insurance, filed ITR1. This year participated in TCS buy back (IPO). I have to file ITR2?
- I bought a car with KL registration without name transfer from previous owner while corona lockdown. I dont have any local proof (other than rental agreement with address). I'm from Tamilnadu and now Working from home. Previous owner urge me to do name transfer asap. As i'm working from home, my company also not providing proof for my local stay. Is there any way to change the ownership with other proofs? All my govt proof has address with TN.