Answered on April 27,2022
11-month rental agreement is valid
Most people do 11 month rental agreement to avoid registration cost. If rental agreement exceeds more than 11 months. Agreement needs to be registered. A register agreement incurs additional cost of stamp duty and registration fee.
In order to avoid registration fee, Most rental agreement are done for 11 months. However, you have option to renew the rental agreement post 11 months.
11 months rental agreement is legal and accepted as evidence in court,
In Karnataka, we provide 11 month rental agreement, our service includes drafting + stamping + notary + home delivered. To opt for our service, please WhatsApp to +91-97424-79020
Thank you for reading!
Answered on December 31,2019
It is completely legal and valid to prepare a 11-month rent agreement in India. Such rental agreements are completely authentic and can also be present in the court as a piece of evidence.
As a matter of fact, most of the people (be it the tenant or the landlord) opt for an 11-month rent agreement because of its subtleness and affordability. This means that if a rent agreement is made for more than 12 months, it becomes mandatory to get it registered with the local authority. An 11-month rental agreement, on the other hand, dodges the complexity of registration, making the process simpler for both, the tenant and the landlord. In addition, when drafting an 11-month rent agreement, tenants do not have to bear the registration cost, making the process much cost-effective.
- After downloading form 16C from TRACES, do tenants need to sign it? If the tenant need to sign it, then does tenant need to sign it digitally or simply manually by pen? Write Answer
- Is it necessary to pay stamp duty for 11 month rental agreement? Write Answer
- I am a foreigner resident of India (from Italy) since 7 years. I know I can buy a property in India. But can I rent out this property when I am not living there? Write Answer
- My Landlord has stated in the Rental Agreement that the Licensee will not apply, obtain and secure any kind of papers, documents, permits, licences and ration card etc in respect of the said room premises to & from the Govt. M.M, C, and rationing Dett in any manner. How do i update my Address on Aadhaar and other Documents? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
PGN Property Management
The Nilgiris TV
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.