Answered on October 13,2019
Aadhaar card is not mandatory for PAN card correction.
However, Aadhaar number, if allotted, may be quoted (supported by copy of Aadhaar letter/card). If copy of Aadhaar is selected as proof of identity/address/date of birth, then it is mandatory to provide Aadhaar number.
Answered on October 13,2019
Aadhar is not mandatory for PAN card correction.
The applicant shall be required to provide following documentary proof to support request for correction or change in PAN data like name, father's name, date of birth, for example:
- Request for change (marginal correction like spelling correction, expansion of initials, etc.,) in applicant's or father's name will have to be supported with suitable proof of identity containing corrected data.
- Request for change (significant change) in applicant's or father's name will have to be supported with such proof that will contain proof of change of name from the old to the new in addition to the proof of identity. The documents that shall be accepted as proof in this case are:
- For married ladies - change of name on account of marriage - marriage certificate, marriage invitation card, publication of 'name-change' in gazette, copy of passport showing husband's name (or vice versa).
- For individual applicants other than married ladies - publication of `name-change' in gazette.
- For companies - ROC's certificate for name change.
- For partnership firms - revised Partnership Deed
- For other categories which are registered organisations (AOP/Trust/BOI/AJP, etc.) - the revised registration/deed/agreement.
- For Limited Liability Partnership - Registrar of LLPs certificate for name change
- Request for correction of date of birth (for individuals) and date of incorporation (non-individuals) will have to be supported with documents issued by competent authority containing the correct date.
- The address for communication in the ITD database will be updated with the address for communication mentioned in the application, even if change in address for communication is not requested in the application.
How to download Aadhaar card ?Aadhaar (UID) is a 12 digit unique number which helps you to verify your identity all over the country. Apart from serving the purpose of verification, aadhar also helps individual to open n..
How to update aadhaar card details ?Aadhaar is a 12 digit unique number which helps you to verify your identity all over the country. All the details provided in Aadhaar regarding your identity can be updated. Following detai..
- My adhar address update was incorrectly rejected saying that I have not updated the original scan copy of the address proof. Looks like some incompetent government employee sitting behind the system dictates his own terms here.Do they provide refund? Write Answer
- I request my wife's Aadhaar address update for 19 February 2020. But still not updated.Many times I have checked but it shows as the update in process. I have made an application long time ago but it still didn't get updated. Can I make make new application or will it get updated later? Write Answer
- I tried to update aadhar online. Got URN also. At the end, the payment was not successful. I tried to apply again. It says already exists. How to do the payment to the same URN or how to cancel the URN ? Write Answer
- How can i change my address in aadhar card from one state to another state? Write Answer
- Can I get refund for the deduction of amount when I requested to update address but it got rejected by UIDAI ? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Molleti Ramesh Babu
Jean at Adventus Canada immigration
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.