Answered on July 27,2023
The Stamp Duty is offset if you give POA to Buyer, but this is risky to give POA to buyer.
5% Stamp Duty is not offset at the time sale deed registration if POA is given to non-
blood relative (other than buyer)
My suggestion: Give Special or Specific Power of attorney (SPOA) to present the deed in sub-registrar office. Stamp Duty is just Rs. 200 irrespective of blood relative, non-blood relative or property value.
Under the SPOA, you can avoid paying hefty stamp duty of 5% of property value, instead just pay Rs. 200
Click on the below chat button to consult us…
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
- How do my daughter and son in law, both NRIs, make a GPA to my son in law's father to sell their joint property in Bengaluru? GPA to her father in law. What is the best solution to avoid that stamp duty? Write Answer
- My brother owns house. I am out of country. I gave him GPA hold. So donor is my brother and donee also is my brother on my behalf acting as GPA holder. He gifted to donee (himself). But he is my GPA holder. Does that mean I own the house now? Write Answer
- Can foreigners who does not have Indian nationality and also don't have any property in their name in India can obtain general power of attorney from Indian embassy? Write Answer
- I am a citizen in Canada and want to sell our property in India. My brother, myself and my father (deceased) are co-owners of the property. Could you please suggest the process/steps and documents required to sell the property? I do not have Aadhar card. I only have a PAN card. Do I need a Vamsha Vriksha certificate and what documents can I use to apply online? Write Answer
- How to proceed with BESCOM name transfer with GPA when the owner resides abroad? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
Advocate Sreekala B @6282313023
Vileena Rathnam Manohar
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.