Answered on May 20,2018
You can drive your car without paying Road tax in Bangalore for 11 months.After this period, you may get penalized for not paying the road tax (or Life Time Tax). In some cases, your vehicle papers might get seized if you are caught driving a vehicle without paying Road Tax.
Following documents are required to pay Road Tax in Bangalore
- Registration certificate of the vehicle (Copy of RC Book).
- Invoice copy of the vehicle.
- Valid Insurance Copy of the vehicle.
- Address proof (optional,just in case).
- NOC is required .
- Form No. KMVT14 (If the vehicle is from different state)
- Local address proof (Any one from the following list)
- Aadhar Card
- Nationalized Bank Statement/Pass book
- Own house Electric Bill
- Ration Card
- Voter Id
- LIC Bond
- Own house agreement
- BSNL Bill
- Rental Agreement with Notary Seal + Electric Bill
- Rental Agreement with Notary Seal + Gas bill
- Letter from HR + Company Id
Answered on May 20,2018
You will be penalized if you have not applied for re-registration of vehicle within 11 months of entering Bangalore. As per the rule under Section 44, Section 177 of the Motor Vehicle Act, which states that failure to register the vehicle for more than 11 months, can lead to penalty of Rs 100 for the first offense and Rs 300 for the second and any subsequent offences. This is in addition to the tax that needs to have been paid from the vehicle’s time of entry, along with interest.
Answered on November 11,2019
You can check this video to calculate the road tax to be paid in Bangalore.
- NOC issued from Bangalore RTO for my scooter got rejected by RTO in Kerala on account of the wrong address mentioned in NOC. Kerala RTO has not shared the NOC document yet to me. I am now having a scooter, which is not registered both in Karnataka and Kerala. RC status is NOC issued. How to get it back to active ( either in Karnataka or Kerala)?
- I want to move my i20 car from Noida to Bangalore, for how long can I drive my car in Bangalore without obtaining NOC from Noida RTO, and without paying Karnataka road-tax and without changing number? Is it possible/advisable to not get the NOC? Also, will I be able to drive it to nearby states in Tamilnadu and Kerala?
- I have taken NOC from Pune RTO for Noida registration in 2016, but due to some issue NOC was not accepted by Noida RTO. But they mentioned that NOC was not used. Now don't want NOC for any other state. So is it necessary to cancel the NOC? Is my vehicle still registered with Pune RTO? Do I have to re-register my vehicle? What will be the cost if so?
- I have a Honda Brio Car registered in Indira Nagar RTO in Bangalore in 2013. I have recently shifted to Pune with my car. I have few questions (1) How do I get getting NOC certificate from Bangalore RTO being in Pune ? Any recommended agents/services ? (2) How long this NOC certificate is valid for ? (3) Do I have to change my car registration number in Maharashtra after getting NOC ? (4) In case if I want to driver my Bangalore registered car in Pune for approx. 2 to 3 years, should I change my car to Maharashtra number ? (5) What if I don't want to change my car number and if I obtain NOC ? Can I driver with NOC for 3 years ? (6) If NOC is not valid for 2 years, can I pay road tax in Pune and keep my car number as is ? (7) How do I get road tax refund from Bangalore RTO ?
- After receiving the NOC from Bengaluru for moving the vehicle to Chennai for reregistration and name transfer, it is noticed that that the chassis number is stated wrongly in the RC smart card and NOC as well as in the original RC book issued in 2005. Can the vehicle be registered in Chennai based on correct chassis number stated in the original invoice of the car and Chassis pencil print and physical verification by Chennai RTO? Or is the rectification in NOC to be done by Bengaluru RTO? Does it involve issue of non utilisation certificate by Chennai RTO and payment of road tax in Chennai for the same?
- Can I ride my TN registered bike in Karnataka without an NOC. If I do not wish to re-register, am I eligible to ride my bike without NOC?. Is there any other documents required to ride it in Karnataka? Does traffic police have the right to ask for the NOC? What is the fine amount if I ride without an NOC (if at all it is an offence) I heard from traffic police that the fine can be paid only in court. And vehicle should be got from there only. Is that true?
- I have a pulsar 150 bike registered at Electronic city RTO bangalore, Karnataka but NOC issued for Bhagalpur,Bihar on 22 january 2012 but I could not submit the NOC at RTO/DTO Bhagalpur,Bihar till date. Meanwhile, original RC is also lost and NOC is in a dilapidated state. However, Road Tax is paid for Lifetime at Electronic City, Bangalore ,Karnataka. Please let me know:- 1. What can I do now to obtain a new RC in Bihar ? Original RC (Bangalore,Karnataka) is lost. 2. Do I need to pay the road tax in Bihar also as I have IND number plate issued by RTO Electronic city, Bangalore,Karnataka and LTT paid there with a valid receipt ? 3.What would be the estimated fine for late submission of NOC until date since 22 January 2012 and issue of new RC from DTO Bhagalpur or DTO Motihari ?