I am from Kerala. Can I drive my car without paying Road Tax in Bangalore?
You can drive your car without paying Road tax in Bangalore for 11 months.After this period, you may get penalized for not paying the road tax (or Life Time Tax). In some cases, your vehicle papers might get seized if you are caught driving a vehicle without paying Road Tax.
Following documents are required to pay Road Tax in Bangalore
- Registration certificate of the vehicle (Copy of RC Book).
- Invoice copy of the vehicle.
- Valid Insurance Copy of the vehicle.
- Address proof (optional,just in case).
- NOC is required .
- Form No. KMVT14 (If the vehicle is from different state)
- Local address proof (Any one from the following list)
- Aadhar Card
- Nationalized Bank Statement/Pass book
- Own house Electric Bill
- Ration Card
- Voter Id
- LIC Bond
- Own house agreement
- BSNL Bill
- Rental Agreement with Notary Seal + Electric Bill
- Rental Agreement with Notary Seal + Gas bill
- Letter from HR + Company Id
You will be penalized if you have not applied for re-registration of vehicle within 11 months of entering Bangalore. As per the rule under Section 44, Section 177 of the Motor Vehicle Act, which states that failure to register the vehicle for more than 11 months, can lead to penalty of Rs 100 for the first offense and Rs 300 for the second and any subsequent offences. This is in addition to the tax that needs to have been paid from the vehicle’s time of entry, along with interest.
RTO works - Recently Asked Questions
I got NOC for my car and Activa from Bangalore to Telangana in 2018. But in a year, I travel to Bangalore atleast once. I have not yet registered it in Telangana. So can I cancel the NOC online if possible. And is there any fine for cancelling it after so many days.
I bought a bike from Delhi and after 5 years I shifted myself from Delhi to Kolkata and took my bike without getting an NOC from Delhi. I want to take an NOC now. Shall I have to take my bike to Delhi again while submitting documents for NOC?