Answered on July 20,2022
Check the ENCUMBRANCE CERTIFICATE (EC)
Mortgage details reflect in Encumbrance certificate of the property
For Example: I have taken mortgage from Corporation Bank, I have encircled the bank details in my below encumbrance certificate (EC).NOTE:
Mortgage details reflect in EC only if the MODT registered in registrar office.
Some banks and private lenders don’t register the MODT and they just collect the title document from borrower, title document includes Registered Deed.
In order to check the mortgage on the property:
- 1st check the EC
- 2nd ask the property owner to show the Registered Deed.
In Karnataka, we provide assistance to extract FORM 15 EC for property verification. To opt for our service, please Whatsapp to + 9 1 - 9 7 4 2 4 7 9 0 2 0.
Thank you for reading…
- What is the validty of e-challan for payment of stamp duty in Karnataka - Is it 7 calendar days or 7 working days? Also if I make a payment in the evening, when does the clock for 7 days start ? Write Answer
- How to check khata status? Write Answer
- How to find the stage/phase/extn of the property in Bangalore? Write Answer
- Where is the DDO office for the Department of Labour in Bengaluru urban for the purpose of Challan generation for registration under shops and establishment act Karnataka? Write Answer
- We purchased an apartment on Sarjapur Rd from a builder. We paid the purchase amount from a capital gains account opened in SBI via a demand note from builder. Is it possible to pay the registration (stamp duty) charges also using demand note? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Molleti Ramesh Babu
Jean at Adventus Canada immigration
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.