Answered on April 04,2021
Apply for Khata transfer to change the name in BBMP property tax record.
Here I will explain the step by step procedure with supporting documents that how I change my name in property tax record.
Step 1: We bought a resale property on 13th April 2016 from Mr. Faraz Rauf (seller) to Mr Manish Singh (buyer). Below sale deed image for your reference.
Step 2: As of 2019 -2020, Previous owner name that Mr. Faraz Rauf (seller) name reflects in tax paid receipt and BBMP record. Below property tax receipt image with name circled for your reference,
Step 3: on 22nd June 2020, we applied for khata transfer. Below acknowledgment receipt form BBMP, for your reference.
Step 4: On 24th Aug 2020, we received SMS from BBMP that our Khata application was approved and proceed with khata transfer fee. We paid the khata transfer fee at Bangaloreone center on 28th Aug 2020. Below payment receipt for your reference.
Step 5: On the same day of bill payment that is on 28th Aug 2020, My Khata certificate was available on Sakala website for download.
Below is the image of download khata certificate. I have circled the new owner’s name in image. That Mr. Manish Singh
Step 6: On 28th Aug 2020, I received a call from BBMP that to collect the hard copy of khata certificate and extract from respective BBMP office.
Step 7: We collected hard copy of khata certificate and extract on 29th August 2020 and below images for your reference.
Step 8: On 29th Aug, we checked on BBMP website that name was not changed yet. Still the previous owner’s name Mr. Faraz Rauf reflect in BBMP record.
Step 9: On 31st Aug 2020, we submitted below letter to bbmp office to change the name in property tax record.
Along with this letter, attached photocopy of khata certificate, Khata extract, and current year property tax receipt. (Current year property tax must be paid. FYI)
Step 10: On10th September 2020, Name was updated in property tax record. Below screenshot of BBMP website for your reference. Here we circled the new owner name that Mr. Manish Singh for your reference.
Note: Name in the property tax record should be updated at the time khata transfer application process, but in some cases it may not be updated. In such situation we should write a letter to Asst. revenue officer, requesting to change name in record. On average, it takes around 10 days to change name in property tax record.
In a separate answer, we wrote the procedure to apply for Khata transfer in Bangalore. This answer is applicable for re-sale and new property.
In Bangalore, we provide the service of Khata transfer & name change in property tax record. To opt for our service, please Whatsapp 9 7 4 2 4 7 9 0 2 0.
- What is the process to correct if the BDA site number mentioned in katha is wrong? Write Answer
- I submitted all documents for khatha transfer in online duplicate copy also given for change. But still it is not change in my name why? Write Answer
- Am planning to buy a plot which is bbmp A katha and total dimension is 40×33 and owner is selling 20×33. He is saying bifurcation will be done after site registration and will mention dimensions in the registration papers. Later based on Sqft mentioned it will be registered it seems. Is that possible? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Tahsildar, Kurnool District, AP / Govind Singh R
Indian Highways Management Company Limited
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.