Answered on March 04,2018
The most likely problem is:
Your police report says you have been at your current address for less than a year. It is necessary to obtain clearance from all your previous addresses for the past one year, for issue of a passport.
The police report may have some inadequacies, or the police authorities may not have properly completed some columns. These are normally sent back to the police for completion. You may like to follow up with the police for speedier resolution.
The police report indicates that some of the documents needed by the police to satisfy themselves regarding the period of your stay at that address, may not have been produced. In such cases, RPO writes to you for clarifications and thereafter processes your file further.
Applications pending at this office due to incomplete police reports, or non-receipt of police reports, can also be cleared if the applicants submit any 3 of the 16 listed documents. Post-issue police verification will be done in such cases.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
Tweet this question to the Government
Top contributors this week
PGN Property Management
Indian Highways Management Company Limited
Tahsildar, Kurnool District, AP / Govind Singh R
Advocate Sreekala B @6282313023
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.