Answered on March 04,2018
The most likely problem is:
Your police report says you do not reside at the address given, or that you were not available for police verification. If you feel that the absence was temporary and that you normally reside at that address, you can write to RPO(giving your file number) and request a re-verification. RPO needs to get a clear police report from the re-verification, for issue of a passport
The police report might have said that you have unresolved criminal cases against you. In such cases, your file cannot be cleared, unless the cases are cleared by the courts. If the cases have indeed been dismissed, you could submit a copy of the court order and approach the RPO for a re-verification by the police. RPO will refer your file to the police, along with a copy of the court order.
On receipt of a clear report from the police, your file will be processed further for issue of a passport. In cases where the information regarding the criminal case had not been disclosed, a penalty will be imposed and the file cleared after the payment of penalty.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
Tweet this question to the Government
How to get Passport in India? - Online Application, Police Verification,Tracking & DeliveryA passport is a travel document, usually issued by a country's government to its citizens, that certifies the identity and nationality of its holder primarily for the purpose of internationa..
Click here to get a detailed guide
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Vileena Rathnam Manohar
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.