Answered on September 10,2019
You can check this link from transport department website of Karnataka.
I will give you an example on how to interpret the table. Assume that your bike costs INR 55000. Check the highlighted portion in the screenshot below.
As price of vehicle is INR 55000, road tax will be 12%.
Road Tax = 12% of 55000 = 6600
As your bike is around 6-7 years old,above road tax needs to be discounted to 64%
Actual Road Tax = 6600* 64% = 4224
There is a cess of 11% = 4224 * 1.11 = INR 4689
- I have a Honda Brio Car registered in Indira Nagar RTO in Bangalore in 2013. I have recently shifted to Pune with my car. I have few questions (1) How do I get getting NOC certificate from Bangalore RTO being in Pune ? Any recommended agents/services ? (2) How long this NOC certificate is valid for ? (3) Do I have to change my car registration number in Maharashtra after getting NOC ? (4) In case if I want to driver my Bangalore registered car in Pune for approx. 2 to 3 years, should I change my car to Maharashtra number ? (5) What if I don't want to change my car number and if I obtain NOC ? Can I driver with NOC for 3 years ? (6) If NOC is not valid for 2 years, can I pay road tax in Pune and keep my car number as is ? (7) How do I get road tax refund from Bangalore RTO ?
- Can I ride my TN registered bike in Karnataka without an NOC. If I do not wish to re-register, am I eligible to ride my bike without NOC?. Is there any other documents required to ride it in Karnataka? Does traffic police have the right to ask for the NOC? What is the fine amount if I ride without an NOC (if at all it is an offence) I heard from traffic police that the fine can be paid only in court. And vehicle should be got from there only. Is that true?
- I need help to cancel NOC taken in Maharashtra while relocating to Bangalore. As I ended up moving back to Maharashtra within 10 months, I need to cancel the NOC issued earlier from Maharashtra. How can I get necessary documents from Karnataka RTO for cancellation?
- I am transferring my car from Bangalore to Hyderabad. I am closing my loan and planning to apply for NOC. How much time will it take for the NOC to be issued ? Will it be delivered to address given in Form 28 or do I have to collect it personally ? Also, as i am closing the loan do i need to first apply for hypothetication removal before applying NOC or i can directly apply for NOC ?
- My RC is lost. My car is registered to Pune MH 12 and I have NOC for Bangalore RTO. I need to cancel NOC from Pune RTO. How can I get non-utilization certificate from Bangalore RTO?
- Do I need to pay lifetime tax mandatorily if I transfer my vehicle from West Bengal to Karnataka? or Do I need to pay lifetime tax at the time of re-registration only?
- How can i get the non migration letter from Noida RTO for cancellation of NOC obtained from karnataka RTO. What are the documents required?