Answered on November 03,2020
Apply for Khata transfer to change the name in BBMP property tax record.
Here I will explain the step by step procedure with supporting documents that how I change my name in property tax record.
Step 1: We bought a resale property on 13th April 2016 from Mr. Faraz Rauf (seller) to Mr Manish Singh (buyer). Below sale deed image for your reference.
Step 2: As of 2019 -2020, Previous owner name that Mr. Faraz Rauf (seller) name reflects in tax paid receipt and BBMP record. Below property tax receipt image with name circled for your reference,
Step 3: on 22nd June 2020, we applied for khata transfer. Below acknowledgment receipt form BBMP, for your reference.
Step 4: On 24th Aug 2020, we received SMS from BBMP that our Khata application was approved and proceed with khata transfer fee. We paid the khata transfer fee at Bangaloreone center on 28th Aug 2020. Below payment receipt for your reference.
Step 5: On the same day of bill payment that is on 28th Aug 2020, My Khata certificate was available on Sakala website for download.
Below is the image of download khata certificate. I have circled the new owner’s name in image. That Mr. Manish Singh
Step 6: On 28th Aug 2020, I received a call from BBMP that to collect the hard copy of khata certificate and extract from respective BBMP office.
Step 7: We collected hard copy of khata certificate and extract on 29th August 2020 and below images for your reference.
Step 8: On 29th Aug, we checked on BBMP website that name was not changed yet. Still the previous owner’s name Mr. Faraz Rauf reflect in BBMP record.
Step 9: On 31st Aug 2020, we submitted below letter to bbmp office to change the name in property tax record.
Along with this letter, attached photocopy of khata certificate, Khata extract, and current year property tax receipt. (Current year property tax must be paid. FYI)
Step 10: On10th September 2020, Name was updated in property tax record. Below screenshot of BBMP website for your reference. Here we circled the new owner name that Mr. Manish Singh for your reference.
Note: Name in the property tax record should be updated at the time khata transfer application process, but in some cases it may not be updated. In such situation we should write a letter to Asst. revenue officer, requesting to change name in record. On average, it takes around 10 days to change name in property tax record.
In a separate answer, we wrote the procedure to apply for Khata transfer in Bangalore. This answer is applicable for re-sale and new property.
In Bangalore, we provide the service of Khata transfer & name change in property tax record. To opt for our service, please Whatsapp 9 7 4 2 4 7 9 0 2 0.
BBMP Khata Registration / Transfer / Bifurcation / Amalgamation ProcessKhata is a legal identification certificate issued by BBMP. Khata is a document that shows a property owner having an account with the BBMP for paying taxes. The details of a Khata include p..
How to get BBMP Building Plan Approval ?If you are planning to construct a building in Bangalore, you need to get approval from Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike (BBMP). BBMP's responsibility is to meet the infrastructu..
How to get BBMP Trade License ?Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) issues the trade license to industries and shops having the place of business within Bangalore. Trade license is a permit issued by BBMP granting pe..
How to file BBMP property tax online ?Property owners in Bangalore have to pay property tax to the Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike (BBMP). BBMP tax is collected to maintain the basic civic facilities and services in th..
- Which SRO is BAS in bangalore.? Example: JAY is jaynagar and bommanahalli is BMH. What is BAS? Write Answer
- How to find the present use of land based on Survey number in Karnataka? Write Answer
- How to check land data bank in Karnataka? Write Answer
- How to calculate fair value of land in Karnataka? Write Answer
- How can I check my land value in Karnataka? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.