Answered on December 17,2017
The validity of a minor's passport is restricted to five years or till they attain the age of 18, whichever is earlier. But the minors aged between 15 to 18 years can apply either for a 10-year validity passport or for a passport which is valid till they attain the age of 18 years. Different fees are applicable depending upon which category they are applying for.
- What is the difference between an ordinary passport, diplomatic passport, service passport, official passport and special passport ?
- I lost my passport recently. I've applied for a duplicate passport. I want to know if the new passport will have the same number as my old passport, or a new number?
- How to reply to objection letter of Regional Passport Office by email. What is a RPO's email address ? Objection letter asking to clarify why not mention old passport name in Passport renewal form. In my case, surname was missing in old passport and I have applied renewal with full name (with Surname) ?
- I have applied for re issue for passport and I received Passport as well. But I am getting msges regarding police verification. And I received show cause notice too. What I can do for this ? Will I able to travel with this passport?
- I lost my passport and have been sent to India on Emergency Certificate. What are the documents required to issue a new passport?
- Can I get passport details from passport number by online in India?
- What is the procedure to apply for duplicate passport in case of lost or damaged passport?