Answered on December 17,2017
The validity of a minor's passport is restricted to five years or till they attain the age of 18, whichever is earlier. But the minors aged between 15 to 18 years can apply either for a 10-year validity passport or for a passport which is valid till they attain the age of 18 years. Different fees are applicable depending upon which category they are applying for.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
Tweet this question to the Government
How to get Passport in India? - Online Application, Police Verification,Tracking & DeliveryA passport is a travel document, usually issued by a country's government to its citizens, that certifies the identity and nationality of its holder primarily for the purpose of internationa..
Click here to get a detailed guide
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Vileena Rathnam Manohar
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.