Answered on February 01,2018
- Birth occurred at hospital or house has to be registered before 21 days at the nearest Medical Health Offices of BBMP and Certificate can be obtained.
- After 21 days up to 30th day Birth can be registered with a penalty of Rs. 25/- (Rupees Twenty Five only)
- From 31st day to 365 days Birth can be registered by producing affidavit with a penalty of Rs. 50/- (Rupees Fifty only).
- For more than 365 days, Court Order is required for registration.
- In the normal circumstances one copy of Birth Certificate will be issued at the time of discharge by the Hospital Authorities at Free-of-cost
Answered on February 01,2018
If the birth is not recorded, the applicant should get a Non-Availability Certificate from the BBMP and documents such as address proof are required in the absence of hospital records. The Non-Availability Certificate is an acknowledgement or endorsement from the authorities stating that the certificate is not available with them. Applicants have to fill a form and submit it to the BBMP authorities, who will then verify the data and issue the acknowledgement.
You have to take this certificate and contact a lawyer. They'll ask you to bring your school passing certifiable, voter ID card etc to prove that your Date of Birth as stated by you. A lawyer files an application in the court and after verification a court order will be issued to issue you a birth certificate.
How to get Birth Certificate in Karnataka? (2022)A birth certificate is an official statement confirming the date of birth, birthplace, sex and name of the newborn baby. A birth certificate proves the legal existence of an individual ..
- I was born in Mysore in 1998, I only have my mothers hospital discharge sheet with my gender and birth name and with my fathers name mentioned in the address. It has my date of birth mentioned in it as well. From where do I get my birth certificate issued? Should I go to Mysore or can I get it done in Bangalore? Write Answer
- How to get my name changed in my child's birth certificate in Karnataka? Write Answer
- How to do name change on birth certificate due to change in religion in Karnataka? Write Answer
- What is the right way to change the complete name change in birth certificate in Karnataka? Write Answer
- I want to incorporate my daughter's name in the birth certificate who was born in 1988. What's the procedure and also please confirm whether i can get it done in any BBMP office or should I go to same office where the birth certificate was issued? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Tahsildar, Kurnool District, AP / Govind Singh R
Indian Highways Management Company Limited
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.