What is the procedure to obtain Birth Certificate in Bangalore?
- Birth occurred at hospital or house has to be registered before 21 days at the nearest Medical Health Offices of BBMP and Certificate can be obtained.
- After 21 days up to 30th day Birth can be registered with a penalty of Rs. 25/- (Rupees Twenty Five only)
- From 31st day to 365 days Birth can be registered by producing affidavit with a penalty of Rs. 50/- (Rupees Fifty only).
- For more than 365 days, Court Order is required for registration.
- In the normal circumstances one copy of Birth Certificate will be issued at the time of discharge by the Hospital Authorities at Free-of-cost
If the birth is not recorded, the applicant should get a Non-Availability Certificate from the BBMP and documents such as address proof are required in the absence of hospital records. The Non-Availability Certificate is an acknowledgement or endorsement from the authorities stating that the certificate is not available with them. Applicants have to fill a form and submit it to the BBMP authorities, who will then verify the data and issue the acknowledgement.
You have to take this certificate and contact a lawyer. They'll ask you to bring your school passing certifiable, voter ID card etc to prove that your Date of Birth as stated by you. A lawyer files an application in the court and after verification a court order will be issued to issue you a birth certificate.