What is the procedure to obtain Birth Certificate in Bangalore?
- Birth occurred at hospital or house has to be registered before 21 days at the nearest Medical Health Offices of BBMP and Certificate can be obtained.
- After 21 days up to 30th day Birth can be registered with a penalty of Rs. 25/- (Rupees Twenty Five only)
- From 31st day to 365 days Birth can be registered by producing affidavit with a penalty of Rs. 50/- (Rupees Fifty only).
- For more than 365 days, Court Order is required for registration.
- In the normal circumstances one copy of Birth Certificate will be issued at the time of discharge by the Hospital Authorities at Free-of-cost
If the birth is not recorded, the applicant should get a Non-Availability Certificate from the BBMP and documents such as address proof are required in the absence of hospital records. The Non-Availability Certificate is an acknowledgement or endorsement from the authorities stating that the certificate is not available with them. Applicants have to fill a form and submit it to the BBMP authorities, who will then verify the data and issue the acknowledgement.
You have to take this certificate and contact a lawyer. They'll ask you to bring your school passing certifiable, voter ID card etc to prove that your Date of Birth as stated by you. A lawyer files an application in the court and after verification a court order will be issued to issue you a birth certificate.
Birth Certificates - Recently Asked Questions
My daugher birth certificate had no name when we got it. Later after 6 months we added name on it with pen and did not know if anything else is needed. Now when we apply for visa, we feel this birth certificate will be rejected as we put name by hand. Now is it possible to re-issue a new birth certificate with name? How soon we can get it?