Answered on February 01,2018
- Birth occurred at hospital or house has to be registered before 21 days at the nearest Medical Health Offices of BBMP and Certificate can be obtained.
- After 21 days up to 30th day Birth can be registered with a penalty of Rs. 25/- (Rupees Twenty Five only)
- From 31st day to 365 days Birth can be registered by producing affidavit with a penalty of Rs. 50/- (Rupees Fifty only).
- For more than 365 days, Court Order is required for registration.
- In the normal circumstances one copy of Birth Certificate will be issued at the time of discharge by the Hospital Authorities at Free-of-cost
Answered on February 01,2018
If the birth is not recorded, the applicant should get a Non-Availability Certificate from the BBMP and documents such as address proof are required in the absence of hospital records. The Non-Availability Certificate is an acknowledgement or endorsement from the authorities stating that the certificate is not available with them. Applicants have to fill a form and submit it to the BBMP authorities, who will then verify the data and issue the acknowledgement.
You have to take this certificate and contact a lawyer. They'll ask you to bring your school passing certifiable, voter ID card etc to prove that your Date of Birth as stated by you. A lawyer files an application in the court and after verification a court order will be issued to issue you a birth certificate.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
How to get Birth Certificate in Karnataka?A birth certificate is an official statement confirming the date of birth, birthplace, sex and name of the newborn baby. A birth certificate proves the legal existence of an individual ..
Click here to get a detailed guide
- My grandfather was born in Karwar in the year 1923. So, if I want to search for the birth certificate how to do it and which office do I need to do a follow-up? Write Answer
- I have a hand-written birth certificate and need a digitalized (digitally signed) version. I live out of Karnataka. What would be the process and required documents? Also, can this be done online? Write Answer
- How do I get my birth certificate from BBMP as I was born in 1949 in Jalahalli Airforce station Karnataka? Write Answer
- My nephew is 17 years old. But in his Karnataka birth certificate his name is not included. What is the process he should follow to get inclusion of his name? Write Answer
- मुझे बर्थ सर्टिफिकेट सुधारना है और मैं 22 साल कि हूं और सब सर्टिफिकेट गुजरात राज्य के है और मैं कर्नाटक राज्य में पैदा हुए थी तो कौन से डोक्युमेंट चाहि ए। Write Answer
Top contributors this week
PGN Property Management
Indian Highways Management Company Limited
Tahsildar, Kurnool District, AP / Govind Singh R
Advocate Sreekala B @6282313023
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.