Answered on June 04,2019
It is possible to get the changes made by the issuing authority. The issuing authority here is the Registrar of Marriages where your marriage was registered.
You need to make an application to the Registrar of Marriages with copies of the relevant documents to substantiate the correct address so that the corrections can be made and a new certificate is issued to you.
If the Marriage Certificate was issued by the local body government like the municipality or the Municipal Corporation as the case may be you can make the application with the concerned office for the correction and re-issuance of the certificate.
Answered on October 20,2019
If the address is mentioned incorrectly due to clerical mistake/typing mistake/ink mistake/ambiguity of handwriting etc. then the Registrar of Marriages corrects the same, when the matter is reported to them by way of a written application.
If the mistake is due to the reasons other than above then one needs to make an application to the Registrar of Marriages - who in turn may correct it or refuse the same. In the latter case, the Registrar of Marriages shall have to pass speaking order and that too in writing.
Based on this order, you can file an appeal with the senior official or Registrar General who has been conferred with the powers to pass the further orders. Based on this order, your certificate can be corrected. If you are further aggrieved by the order, you can approach the court of Law and the decision shall be taken by the Hon. Court.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
- How do I check if my daughter's name is changed before divorce and without her consent? State: Karnataka City. Write Answer
- I am from goa and my marriage is registered in goa, and my husband is from Karnataka. After marriage i am staying with my husband in sirsi, i want to shift my ids from goa to sirsi address but sirsi governtment offices are not accepting marriage certificate. Why? Write Answer
- In how many days the incentives will come for intercaste marriage? Write Answer
- How many days it will take for intercaste marriage amount to transfer our account in Karnataka? Write Answer
- I have applied for registered marriage in Karnataka. They have asked for the 10th marksheet and community certificate but I have lost my 10th mark sheet and I have Xerox copy attested by government officials. İs xerox ok or else I have to reapply for the original? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
Vileena Rathnam Manohar
A R Ashraf
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.