What is TDR in railways ?
TDR is ‘Ticket Deposit Receipt’. TDR is for the passengers who want to get a refund as they have not travel by train after booking the ticket. There might be many reasons for the passenger to not travel by train such as
- Train cancelled by Railways
- Train running late by more than three hours
- Difference of Fare in case proper coach not attached
- AC Failure
- Travelled without proper ID proof
- Wrongly charged by TTE
- Party partially travelled
- Passenger not travelled
In any one of above case, a passenger is allowed to avail TDR filing facility and get the refund amount of the ticket they booked.