Answered on January 24,2018
I-ticket refers to the ‘Internet Ticket’. I-ticket can only be booked at least three days before the journey date. It is required to book I ticket three days before because IRCTC needs at-least three days to deliver the booked i ticket at your address by the courier. Whenever you book the I ticket IRCTC dispatches that ticket immediately within 2 hours to your mentioned address.
e-Ticket refers to the electronic ticket. It is also called as Digital ticket. E -ticket can only be booked online.
- Forget my irctc user id how recover my id Write Answer
- How can I booked I ticket? Write Answer
- How to book tickets 4 hours before train departure? Write Answer
- How can i know my birth numer, boggie number if my Pqwl status is now changed and it shows cnf ? Write Answer
- I have booked my ticket, payment also done but i didn't get ticket on IRCTC App or any mail? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Tahsildar, Kurnool District, AP / Govind Singh R
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.