Answered on December 23,2017
Permanent Account Number (PAN) is the unique identification number to file IT returns, usually for the salaried people or any other person who receives taxable income. While TAN is the unique identification number of the tax deductors, who are authorized to deduct TDS or TCS.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
- What if I register a company in Dubai and all the income are made in Dubai but I am staying in India. Will my income be taxable in India ? Sometimes I use to remit some profits to my Indian Bank account. Will I be taxed? Write Answer
- Should an NRI fill Sch FSI, TR and FA. in ITR 2. If so, under what circumstances? Write Answer
- If I open a company in Dubai but operate it from India am I liable to pay any tax in India ? Business tax or Individual tax ? Write Answer
- I changed the date of birth on my PAN card, but it is not reflected in my income tax profile. Why is this happening? Write Answer
- My pm kisan samman status is showing payment processed in first installment & remaning are blanked as account is inactive due to income tax payee. Since I am submitting my Zero tax return from 2020-2021, whether I am eligible to get benefite of kisan samman nidhi ? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Vileena Rathnam Manohar
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
PGN Property Management
See more contributors
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.