Answered on January 24,2018
If the user wants to cancel his e-Ticket, he can do so till the time of chart preparation for the train through the Internet. No cancellation of e-ticket is permitted on-line after the chart preparation. For any claims on e-tickets to be cancelled after the preparation of Reservation charts, the user has to send an email at the earliest possible time to firstname.lastname@example.org giving full details of the ticket and stating the claim, which would then be processed by IRCTC with the Railway administration offline and refunds as sanctioned by the Railway administration would be credited back to the user's account.
- How to recover my user id as I have forgotten it? Write Answer
- How can I booked I ticket? Write Answer
- How to book tickets 4 hours before train departure? Write Answer
- How can i know my birth numer, boggie number if my Pqwl status is now changed and it shows cnf ? Write Answer
- I have booked my ticket, payment also done but i didn't get ticket on IRCTC App or any mail? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Tahsildar, Kurnool District, AP / Govind Singh R
Indian Highways Management Company Limited
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.