Answered on March 03,2018
There are 2 modes of police verification:
- Police Verification is required on a Post-Passport Issuance basis.
- Police Verification is required on Pre-Passport Issuance basis.
Depending on whether an application is for issue of fresh passport or re-issue of passport, Passport Office (PO) shall decide whether Police Verification is required for issuance of Passport to you. In most cases, of issue of fresh passport, pre-police verification would be required, exception being Government servants on submission of 'Identity Certificate' as per Annexure 'A', or minors whose parent(s) hold valid passport etc.
If your age is 18 or above, you must submit Aadhaar Card/ letter/ e-Aadhaar containing 12-digit Aadhaar number/ 28-digit Aadhaar Enrolment ID printed on Aadhaar Enrolment slip issued by Unique Identification Authority Of India (UIDAI), and any two documents from List of Acceptable Documents along with Standard Affidavit (as per Annexure "E").
Annexure E is available at http://passportindia.g..
If your age is below 18 years, you must submit Aadhaar Card/ letter/ e-Aadhaar containing 12-digit Aadhaar number/ 28-digit Aadhaar Enrolment ID printed on Aadhaar Enrolment slip issued by Unique Identification Authority Of India (UIDAI), and any one document from List of Acceptable Documents along with Standard Affidavit (as per Annexure "E"). The general rules, regulations and procedures pertaining to issue of passports as stipulated in Passports Act and Passports Rule would apply. In most cases of re-issue, depending on records available in the Passport Seva system, police verification may not be required or only post police verification may be required, exceptions being re-issue of passport in lieu of lost passport or complete change of name.
- When trying to upload 10th marksheet from digilocker on the passport seva window, I am receiving the message- Selected document is not present in your Digilocker Account, even when they are issued there. What should I do?
- What are the procedures to change my name on passport ?
- What if your name spelling is different in marksheet and leaving certificate but other latest documents have spelling different. What to do?
- How can I close my passport application which is under review with RPO Mumbai? I am no longer residing in Mumbai, hence I want to close the application from Mumbai and make a fresh application from Rajasthan.
- I have renewed my passport online. Once filling in online I mentioned ecr instead of ecnr and i got the passport in ecr. Can i change that back to ecnr? I have worked abroad for more than 5 years and i don't have any SSLC certificate.
- DTDC lost my passport, and I need to get it re-issued urgently. I applied through the Tatkal scheme. What documents will I need apart from ANNEXURE ‘F’ Affidavit for loss of passport? Do I have to get police verification done before?
- My pcc was in 23rd August for Australia.It's been 10 days.I didn't get the police enquiry yet.If i track my application,it shows it's in under review at passport seva kendra.Is there any issue in my file ?
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.