I have dual citizenship, can I travel on my other passport instead in US?

David Hill, US Immigration Expert
Answered on September 29,2023

While USA has no exit immigration, so you don't need to show your passport to exit, you are required to enter the USA on your American passport.

You cannot use your other citizenship to get a visa to enter America on your other passport. So unless you are going to get your passport abroad at an Embassy/Consulate before you return, get your American passport before you go.

Hey , can you help?
Answer this question