Answered on September 13,2019
Fines for traffic violations are provided below.
General penalty: For the first offense, fine up to 500. For the second offense, fine up to 1500.
Penalty for not wearing helmets: For the first offense, fine of INR 1000 and disqualification from the license for 3 months.
Driving without a license: INR 5000
Drunken driving: For the first offense, fine up to INR 10000 and/or imprisonment up to 6 months.For the second offense, fine of INR 3000 and/or imprisonment up to 2 years
Over-speeding: INR 1000 to 2000 for LMV, INR 2000 to 4000 for the medium passenger or goods vehicles. For the second subsequent offense, impounding of Driving license
Penalty for dangerous driving: For the first offense, imprisonment of 6 months to 1 year and/or fine INR 1000 to INR 5000. For the subsequent offense (within 3 years from first offense), imprisonment up to 2 years and/or INR 10000
Penalty for driving when mentally or physically unfit to drive: For the first offense, fine up to INR 1000. For the second offense, fine up to INR 2000
Carriage of excess passengers: For the first offense, fine of INR 200 per excess passengers
Penalty for violation of safety measures for motorcycle drivers and pillion riders: For the first offense, fine of INR 1000 and disqualification from the license for 3 months
Failure to allow free passage to emergency vehicles: For the first offense, fine of INR 10000 and/or imprisonment up to 6 months
Driving uninsured vehicles: For the first offense, fine of INR 2000 and/or imprisonment up to 3 months. For the second offense, fine of INR 4000 and/or imprisonment up to 3 months
Violation of road regulations: INR 500.
Complete Guide to RTO Services in KarnatakaRegional Transport Office (RTO) is a government organization responsible for issuing vehicle related certificates in India. RTO in Karnataka provides the following services. No Objectio..
- I have purchased a new car and can I travel from Karnataka to Goa with my newly registered car? I have not yet received RC and Number Plate. Can you guide, whether is legal to travel outside of karnataka before receiving RC card and number plate? Write Answer
- How can i get a helping hand for re-registering my vehicle from Chennai to Bengaluru? Write Answer
- What is the penalty on the lapse in renewal of registration in Bangalore? It has been 5 years from the expire date fo registration. What would be the total fine in Bangalore ? Write Answer
- I have recently bought a new Taigun in Bengaluru and registered in KA03. I want to change my car number in Bengaluru itself. Can you tell me how this can be done? I am ok to re-register again. Please tell me the procedure and expenses thereof. Write Answer
- I have taken NOC from Chennai RTO to Bangalore RTO in 2015. However the NOC was not utilised and I lost all the original documents like RC, road tax payment receipt, NOC copy etc. What options do i have? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.