Answered on September 13,2019
Fines for traffic violations are provided below.
General penalty: For the first offense, fine up to 500. For the second offense, fine up to 1500.
Penalty for not wearing helmets: For the first offense, fine of INR 1000 and disqualification from the license for 3 months.
Driving without a license: INR 5000
Drunken driving: For the first offense, fine up to INR 10000 and/or imprisonment up to 6 months.For the second offense, fine of INR 3000 and/or imprisonment up to 2 years
Over-speeding: INR 1000 to 2000 for LMV, INR 2000 to 4000 for the medium passenger or goods vehicles. For the second subsequent offense, impounding of Driving license
Penalty for dangerous driving: For the first offense, imprisonment of 6 months to 1 year and/or fine INR 1000 to INR 5000. For the subsequent offense (within 3 years from first offense), imprisonment up to 2 years and/or INR 10000
Penalty for driving when mentally or physically unfit to drive: For the first offense, fine up to INR 1000. For the second offense, fine up to INR 2000
Carriage of excess passengers: For the first offense, fine of INR 200 per excess passengers
Penalty for violation of safety measures for motorcycle drivers and pillion riders: For the first offense, fine of INR 1000 and disqualification from the license for 3 months
Failure to allow free passage to emergency vehicles: For the first offense, fine of INR 10000 and/or imprisonment up to 6 months
Driving uninsured vehicles: For the first offense, fine of INR 2000 and/or imprisonment up to 3 months. For the second offense, fine of INR 4000 and/or imprisonment up to 3 months
Violation of road regulations: INR 500.
Complete Guide to RTO Services in KarnatakaRegional Transport Office (RTO) is a government organization responsible for issuing vehicle related certificates in India. RTO in Karnataka provides the following services. No Objectio..
- I am a permanent resident of Chhattisgarh, all my documents and my bike documents are of Chhattisgarh. Now I have to move to Bangalore, do I need to re-register my bike there after 11 months? Write Answer
- I want to transfer my car registration to Bangalore RTO. I have applied for No Objection Certificate (NOC) online in May and sent all the required documents to Raja garden RTO.It is showing application status as "On Hold" with the remarks that documents are not received. There is no information provided related to which document is missing. How can we obtain NOC from RTO? Write Answer
- What is the process of obtaining a new RC for my car in Bangalore? I am bringing it from Lucknow, and I have obtained an NOC. Can I get some assistance from agents? Write Answer
- I have a KA registered vehicle and was fined for over speeding in Kerala (Kozhikode RTO). it is showing as blacklisted in parivahan website, How do i make the payment and clear it? Write Answer
- Whether noc is required for transfer of ownership of vehicle same city from one RTO to another in Karnataka? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Molleti Ramesh Babu
PGN Property Management
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.