Answered on December 28,2017
Step 1: Prepare draft agreement
Step 2: Buy E-stamp paper from registered office or any of cooperative bank in Bangalore. Rs.100 E-stamp paper would be safe and best for Bangalore rental market.
Step 3: Print the agreement content in E-stamp paper
Step 4: Get the notarization from lawyer. Agreement notarization is mandatory if use your agreement for address proof application like gas, telephone connection, passport application etc.
Step 5: Property owner and tenant has to sign all the pages of agreement at bottom of pages. Witness has to sign at witness column.
Answered on December 28,2017
There are 3 ways of preparing a rent agreement:
Do It Yourself - You can download Rent Agreement Format from internet, customize it, fill your details, sign it and get it notarised. This is the most cost effective and efficient way of making the rent agreement.
Use Services of Broker - You can use services of the broker to get the rent agreement made. But you may not be satisfied with the draft of the agreement used by the broker. Most brokers use a simple rent agreement that does not cover all clauses properly.
Online Rent Agreement - Now a days, few companies have started offering rent agreement services online. You can try out any of these services.
- After downloading form 16C from TRACES, do tenants need to sign it? If the tenant need to sign it, then does tenant need to sign it digitally or simply manually by pen? Write Answer
- Is it necessary to pay stamp duty for 11 month rental agreement? Write Answer
- I am a foreigner resident of India (from Italy) since 7 years. I know I can buy a property in India. But can I rent out this property when I am not living there? Write Answer
- My Landlord has stated in the Rental Agreement that the Licensee will not apply, obtain and secure any kind of papers, documents, permits, licences and ration card etc in respect of the said room premises to & from the Govt. M.M, C, and rationing Dett in any manner. How do i update my Address on Aadhaar and other Documents? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
PGN Property Management
The Nilgiris TV
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.