What are the cancellation charges for tickets booked online?
Answered on March 04,2018
Cancellation of e-Tickets before chart preparation of the train:
- 48 hours before scheduled departure of the train:
- Rs 240 per passenger for AC First Class/Executive Class
- Rs 200 per passenger for AC 2 Tier/First Class
- Rs 180 per passenger for AC 3 Tier/AC Chair car/ AC 3 Economy
- Rs 120 per passenger for Sleeper Class
- Rs 60 per passenger for Second Class
- Within 48 hrs and up to 12 hours before the scheduled departure of the train
- In this case, the cancellation fee will be 25% of the fare subject to the minimum flat rate mentioned in the above clause.
- Less than 12 hours and upto 4 hours before the scheduled departure of the train up to chart preparation which is earlier
- 50% of the fare paid subject to the minimum cancellation charges
- Cancellation of tickets after preparation of Charts:
- E-ticket can't be cancelled once the chart is prepared.
- To get the money refunded, passengers need to file the online TDR
In case of cancellation of Tatkal train tickets, no refund is issued by the Indian Railways. Passengers can file for partial cancellation of Tatkal e-tickets. For contingent cancellation and waitlisted Tatkal ticket cancellations, charges will be deducted as per existing Railway rules.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
Answered on September 13,2022DTDC lost my passport, and I need to get it re-issued urgently. I applied through the Tatkal scheme. What documents will I need apart from ANNEXURE ‘F’ Affidavit for loss of passport? Do I have to get police verification done before?
Lost passport cannot be applied in tatkal scheme, you will have to file FIR in police station. Later you can apply for ...
1 4 348
A R Ashraf
Answered on September 05,2022My new passport was missing. Can you tell me the exact cost for applying duplicate passport by Tatkal from passport seva?
You can't apply under TATKAL scheme since you had lost your passport. You may apply but you will get ...
2 0 200
Answered on July 06,2022My new passport was missing. Can you tell me the exact cost for applying duplicate passport by Tatkal from passport seva?
Reissue passport of lost is not issued in Tatkal
2 0 268
Answered on October 06,2022Maine phone pay se train booking transaction kar diya hai. Transaction success ho gya hai. Ticket download kaise kare ?
Open gmail account that you entered in ticket booking Now click on the mail of ticket admin You will see the pdf ...
2 0 243
Answered on September 23,2021Maine phone pay se train booking transaction kar diya hai. Transaction success ho gya hai. Ticket download kaise kare ?
Go to my booking
2 0 526
Answered on April 03,2021How to find PNR Number of my railway ticket from Transaction ID ?
If you have Railway Receipt (RR) while buying a ticket in IRCTC rail connect app, you can go to PNR enquiry tab and ...
3 1701 33866
Answered on February 21,2019Can partial cancellation of train ticket be done?
2 122 2198
Answered on November 25,2022How many days will it take to get Karnataka tatkal podi?
Name of the Service : Tatkal PodiWhom to approach for this service (Designated Officer)? : Assistant Director of Land ...
1 0 209
Answered on June 30,2022How can I booked I ticket?
You can book I-ticket either online from IRCTC website or reservation counter at railway station. The I-ticket which you ...
1 0 244
Answered on June 30,2022How to book tickets 4 hours before train departure?
You can book tickets 4 hours before under current availability in-case vacant seats are available in your desired train. ...
1 0 404
Answered on February 14,2022How to check my seat number and coach on railway ticket?
If you got confirmed ticket then you will find on your ticket railway as it already mentioned on your ...
1 0 3111
Answered on January 16,2022Agar train regret show kr rhi to kya us train ka tatkal quota open hone k time booking hogi ya nahi?
Yes of course, train show regret for general quota but not for tatkal quota. Tatkal ticket booked 24 hours ...
1 0 3356
I have booked 2 Tickets. The Train Departure Time is 06:20 PM onthis Day. Chart is not yet prepared.I'm in Waiting list 5. Will my Tickets get Confirmed or not?
How to download counter ticket online? I am traveling only with photo of ticket. Ticket collector is charging me.
Is there any chance to get waiting list tatkal ticket to get confirm?
I lost my old irtc number. But emails are same. How to add new mobile no?
I want to delete my old IRCTC account to create a new account. Old previous account which I forgotten was connected to my mobile No and IRCTC does not allow to Re-registered with the same no. What to do?
Answered on August 22,2019How to check if Voter ID card is linked to Aadhar card ?
You can do it via SMS and Phone number as well. By SMS: Send following message from your registered number to ...
3 2061 40923
Ministry of Electronics & IT (MeitY) . Answered on December 06,2022How to get voter id in digilocker?
The department issuing Voter Id card is not yet integrated with DigiLocker. We are working on the integration of ...
1 94 10350
Answered on December 04,2020How much time does it take to update mobile number in Aadhaar ?
Dear aspirant, After checking the official site of UIDAI.GOV.IN for your query the maximum days for updation in aadhar card ...
7 5979 119500
Rtd Motor Vehicles Inspector, Insurance Surveyor and Accident Investigator . Answered on July 05,2022How to change the date of birth in Driving License?
Kindly check this video.
2 116 20395
Answered on December 11,2021What is TKWL, CKWL, RAC, PQWL,GNWL, RLWL,CNF etc. ?
RAC means Reservation against Cancellation. If you have a RAC ticket, then your travel with a train is guaranteed ...
2 0 15905
VO TECHNOLOGIES FASTag
Answered on October 26,2022How to close the icici bank fast tag account and get the refund?
Step 1 : Know Your ICICI FASTag Customer ID (Call to Customer Care 18002100104) Step 2 : Register Your Account ...
1 302 6783
Answered on July 15,2021I have lost my 10th marksheet and birth certificate. How can I apply for the passport?
You can take your Intermediate certificate if your done with your higher studies or else you can take your ...
4 31 32075
Chartered Accountant,FCA, DISA (ICAI) . Answered on September 30,2021Can I open a bank account without a PAN Card?
Yes. PAN is not mandatory for opening a bank account.
2 2392 52783
Answered on October 13,2022What is the difference between an ordinary passport, diplomatic passport, service passport, official passport and special passport ?
Type ‘P’ Blue Passport - General public, This type of passport helps foreign authorities distinguish between general public and ...
2 615 12290
Answered on September 19,2021How to convert license number 5/9308/2014 from Kerala to this new format in Digilocker?
Use mparivahan app for RC and License addition which is equivalent to digilocker and also valid for Rto checking. ...
2 1422 31002
- I have booked 2 Tickets. The Train Departure Time is 06:20 PM onthis Day. Chart is not yet prepared.I'm in Waiting list 5. Will my Tickets get Confirmed or not? Write Answer
- How to download counter ticket online? I am traveling only with photo of ticket. Ticket collector is charging me. Write Answer
- Is there any chance to get waiting list tatkal ticket to get confirm? Write Answer
- I lost my old irtc number. But emails are same. How to add new mobile no? Write Answer
- I want to delete my old IRCTC account to create a new account. Old previous account which I forgotten was connected to my mobile No and IRCTC does not allow to Re-registered with the same no. What to do? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.