Answered on March 04,2018
Cancellation of e-Tickets before chart preparation of the train:
- 48 hours before scheduled departure of the train:
- Rs 240 per passenger for AC First Class/Executive Class
- Rs 200 per passenger for AC 2 Tier/First Class
- Rs 180 per passenger for AC 3 Tier/AC Chair car/ AC 3 Economy
- Rs 120 per passenger for Sleeper Class
- Rs 60 per passenger for Second Class
- Within 48 hrs and up to 12 hours before the scheduled departure of the train
- In this case, the cancellation fee will be 25% of the fare subject to the minimum flat rate mentioned in the above clause.
- Less than 12 hours and upto 4 hours before the scheduled departure of the train up to chart preparation which is earlier
- 50% of the fare paid subject to the minimum cancellation charges
- Cancellation of tickets after preparation of Charts:
- E-ticket can't be cancelled once the chart is prepared.
- To get the money refunded, passengers need to file the online TDR
In case of cancellation of Tatkal train tickets, no refund is issued by the Indian Railways. Passengers can file for partial cancellation of Tatkal e-tickets. For contingent cancellation and waitlisted Tatkal ticket cancellations, charges will be deducted as per existing Railway rules.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
- I have booked 2 Tickets. The Train Departure Time is 06:20 PM onthis Day. Chart is not yet prepared.I'm in Waiting list 5. Will my Tickets get Confirmed or not? Write Answer
- How to download counter ticket online? I am traveling only with photo of ticket. Ticket collector is charging me. Write Answer
- Is there any chance to get waiting list tatkal ticket to get confirm? Write Answer
- I lost my old irtc number. But emails are same. How to add new mobile no? Write Answer
- I want to delete my old IRCTC account to create a new account. Old previous account which I forgotten was connected to my mobile No and IRCTC does not allow to Re-registered with the same no. What to do? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
pravasi online helper
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.