Answered on March 04,2018
Cancellation of e-Tickets before chart preparation of the train:
- 48 hours before scheduled departure of the train:
- Rs 240 per passenger for AC First Class/Executive Class
- Rs 200 per passenger for AC 2 Tier/First Class
- Rs 180 per passenger for AC 3 Tier/AC Chair car/ AC 3 Economy
- Rs 120 per passenger for Sleeper Class
- Rs 60 per passenger for Second Class
- Within 48 hrs and up to 12 hours before the scheduled departure of the train
- In this case, the cancellation fee will be 25% of the fare subject to the minimum flat rate mentioned in the above clause.
- Less than 12 hours and upto 4 hours before the scheduled departure of the train up to chart preparation which is earlier
- 50% of the fare paid subject to the minimum cancellation charges
- Cancellation of tickets after preparation of Charts:
- E-ticket can't be cancelled once the chart is prepared.
- To get the money refunded, passengers need to file the online TDR
In case of cancellation of Tatkal train tickets, no refund is issued by the Indian Railways. Passengers can file for partial cancellation of Tatkal e-tickets. For contingent cancellation and waitlisted Tatkal ticket cancellations, charges will be deducted as per existing Railway rules.