Answered on February 27,2019
If the ticket is present for cancellation up to thirty minutes before the scheduled departure of the train irrespective of the distance,the refund of fare shall be made after deducting the clerkage
Clerkage charge Rs.60 per passenger plus GST applicable for all AC Classess will be charged for cancellation.
No refund shall be granted to the wait-listed ticket after thirty minutes before the scheduled departure of the train.
For cancelling wait-listed ticket TDR needs to be filed.TDR is ‘Ticket Deposit Receipt’. TDR is for the passengers who want to get a refund as they have not travel by train after booking the ticket.
TDR can be filed by mailing to firstname.lastname@example.org with complete ticket details (PNR No., Train No. and Name).
The TDR Refund will be processed as per Extant Railway Rules. TDR should be filed before or within 1 hour of the Departure of Train.The refund process will take at-least 60 days and more.
You can track the status of TDR here.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
- How to get IRCTC e ticket through email? Write Answer
- I have booked 2 Tickets. The Train Departure Time is 06:20 PM onthis Day. Chart is not yet prepared.I'm in Waiting list 5. Will my Tickets get Confirmed or not? Write Answer
- How to download counter ticket online? I am traveling only with photo of ticket. Ticket collector is charging me. Write Answer
- Is there any chance to get waiting list tatkal ticket to get confirm? Write Answer
- I lost my old irtc number. But emails are same. How to add new mobile no? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
Advocate Sreekala B @6282313023
Vileena Rathnam Manohar
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.