Answered on August 04,2023
No. Anyone in India with a smartphone can install and use mAadhaar App.
Without an Aadhaar registered mobile number resident will be able to avail only a few of the services such as Order Aadhaar reprint, Locate Enrolment Center, Verify Aadhaar, Scanning QR code etc.
However registered mobile number is mandatory to create the profile in mAadhaar and use the same as digital identity and avail all other Aadhaar services which require registered mobile number under mAadhaar. The OTP will be sent to only their registered mobile for creating the profile in mAadhaar.
Source: This answer is sourced from UIDAI website.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
How to download Aadhaar card ? Aadhaar (UID) is a 12 digit unique number which helps you to verify your identity all over the country. Apart from serving the purpose of verification, aadhar also helps individual to open n..
Click here to get a detailed guide
How to Update Aadhaar Card Details ?Aadhaar is a 12 digit unique number which helps you to verify your identity all over the country. All the details provided in Aadhaar regarding your identity can be updated. Following detai..
Click here to get a detailed guide
- There are two Digilocker accounts created in error - 1st account was created using mobile number, Aaddhar number was not linked to this account and later another account using aadhar number, mobile number was not linked to this account. Digilocker shows "Mobile number already registered with DigiLocker. You can access your account using your credentials". Same issue when we logged in using a mobile number and tried to link aadhaar - Digilocker shows "Aadhaar number already registered with DigiLocker. You can access your account using your credentials" Can you please help delete the account created earlier using a mobile number?
- I have updated my old mobile no with new no with adhar card and its done. But i have linked my diglocker with old mobile no. How to update it new number ?
- I recently created a digilocker account using Aadhaar number and mobile number. After creating account, it showed that my addhaar document is not linked from UIDAI. When I tried to link, it showed that my adhaar is already linked with another account. To access that account I tried option of forgot security pin but it sent otp on my recently registered mobile number and I was again back to recently created account to which I can't link addhaar. What to do? I didn't created the account that is already linked with aadhaar. Is it automatically created by UIDAI? If so how to get access to that now when I created another one.
- My date of birth was initially wrong when I had registered for Digilocker. Now I have updated the Date of Birth correctly in Aadhar. But Digilocker is still showing old wrong Date of Birth. Is there a way to rectify it in DigiLocker ?
- There are different numbers registered with my adhaar card and digilocker account. I have lost the sim with which I had registered on digilocker. How to login into digilocker because I am not able to get the otp as it is going on the number I have lost?
- I need to link aadhar to Digilocker for getting my documents. It reaches till getting the otp to my registered number. But when i type the otp it shows exceeded the limit to validate otp. What should i do?
- Can I register my daughter aadhar card to the same mobile number in digilocker and how to add it?
Top contributors this week
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
Advocate Sreekala B @6282313023
Vileena Rathnam Manohar
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.