Answered on September 01,2019
Any of the following documents can be used as proof of Date of Birth.
Birth Certificate issued by the Registrar of Births and Deaths or the Municipal Corporation or any other prescribed authority,whosoever has been empowered under the Registration of Birth and Deaths Act, 1969 to register the birth of a child born in India
Transfer/School leaving/Matriculation Certificate issued by the school last attended/recognised educational board
Policy Bond issued by the Public Life Insurance Corporations/Companies having the DOB of the holder of the insurance policy
Copy of an extract of the service record of the applicant (only in respect of Government servants) or the Pay Pension Order (in respect of retired Government Servants), duly attested/certified by the officer/in-charge of the Administration of the concerned Ministry/Department of the applicant
Election Photo Identity Card (EPIC) issued by the Election Commission of India
PAN Card issued by the Income Tax Department
Driving License issued by the Transport department of concerned state Government
A declaration given by the Head of the Orphanage/Child Care Home on their official letter head of the organization confirming the DOB of the applicant
- Documents mentioned in point 4 to 8 are acceptable as proof of Date of Birth only if it has the precise Date of Birth of the applicant.
- What should i do? I submitted passport application and got verified via a police officer and later the passport was on delivery and now it says not delivered due to other reasons. On the website it says SCN against RUD Write Answer
- If I check into hotel for one or two days in a complete year will Police go there too for Passport verification or only they go to those places where I actually stayed for too long in a year? Write Answer
- I’m in 10th grade currently. What should I answer to the question education qualification while filling the passport seva form? Write Answer
- My mom was born in 1960. She doesn't have birth certificate. She has PAN , Adhaar, some old Xerox of marksheet, our registered rent agreement. But police is asking for birth certificate for Passport. What should I do? Write Answer
- While applying for passport, i clicked yes on dependent family member of government employee, my father is in government job but I'm independent. What should I do now? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.