Answered on September 01,2019
Any of the following documents can be used as proof of Date of Birth.
Birth Certificate issued by the Registrar of Births and Deaths or the Municipal Corporation or any other prescribed authority,whosoever has been empowered under the Registration of Birth and Deaths Act, 1969 to register the birth of a child born in India
Transfer/School leaving/Matriculation Certificate issued by the school last attended/recognised educational board
Policy Bond issued by the Public Life Insurance Corporations/Companies having the DOB of the holder of the insurance policy
Copy of an extract of the service record of the applicant (only in respect of Government servants) or the Pay Pension Order (in respect of retired Government Servants), duly attested/certified by the officer/in-charge of the Administration of the concerned Ministry/Department of the applicant
Election Photo Identity Card (EPIC) issued by the Election Commission of India
PAN Card issued by the Income Tax Department
Driving License issued by the Transport department of concerned state Government
A declaration given by the Head of the Orphanage/Child Care Home on their official letter head of the organization confirming the DOB of the applicant
- Documents mentioned in point 4 to 8 are acceptable as proof of Date of Birth only if it has the precise Date of Birth of the applicant.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
Tweet this question to the Government
How to get Passport in India? - Online Application, Police Verification,Tracking & DeliveryA passport is a travel document, usually issued by a country's government to its citizens, that certifies the identity and nationality of its holder primarily for the purpose of internationa..
Click here to get a detailed guide
- Can I cancel my passport application when it's on hold? Write Answer
- At the time of the appointment in PSK, I didn't gave my baby's full name in the given name option. I have to add his surname. Can I add his surname while in the processing time? Write Answer
- Can I use 10th mark sheet in digilocker at the passport office? Write Answer
- What to do as I have applied for my son’s passport and got police verification done but after a month after the veriifcation the status is showing application under review at rpo? What can be done next and how? Write Answer
- I have applied for renewed passport but my application rejected in counter c & told name proof missing now I have concern is my spouse name mentioned is having some mistakes So while rebooking appointment is it possible to change or Correct it ? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
Vileena Rathnam Manohar
BLUES AND JACKS OVERSEAS
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.