Answered on December 14,2017
Applicants who have misplaced or lost their voter ID card can apply for a duplicate card instead of applying for a new one. This can also be done in case of theft of the original card. The process for applying for a duplicate voter ID card is given below:
• Collect a copy of Form 002 from an electoral office.
• Fill in the form and submit the along with relevant supporting documents. In the case of theft or loss, attach a copy of the FIR filed at the time of recording the loss.
• Once the application has been processed, a duplicate voter ID card will be sent to the address mentioned in the application form.
Answered on February 13,2019
- As soon as you lose your voter id, you must file an FIR at your at the police station of your area
- Keep a hard copy of the FIR with you.
- Get the Form 002 from regional election commission office or download it from their official website. This form is particularly for those who are applying for duplicate voter id card.
- Fill in all the required details and Attach a photocopy of FIR with the form.
- Attach all the required documents for date of birth, photo identity and address proof such as Pan Card, Passport, Driving License, etc.
- Put all the documents in an envelope and submit it to the nearest chief election commission office in your city or district.
How to correct Voter ID card details ?A Voter ID Card, also known as the Electors Photo Identity Card (EPIC) is a photo identity card that is issued by the Election Commission of India to all the citizens of India above the age ..
How to Vote in elections ? (2022)Elections will be held in India every 5 years. In this guide, we will brief you on how to vote for elections in India. Eligibility Following people are eligible to cast their vote. Fo..
- How many days will it take to link voter id with Aadhaar card? Write Answer
- I applied to update photo of voter id in 20 days. How many days will it take for that? The voter id address is of Uttar Pradesh. Write Answer
- What shall the other family members provide as address proof in case of transfer of the voter cards from one constituency to another due to shift of residence where only the family head has an address proof as his name in the electricity bill? Write Answer
- I applied form-6 on last month and my application was approved in 10 days. When I try to download epic through reference Id, it shows no data available on this epic no. When I will receive my voter card and how? Write Answer
- ഞാൻ ഇപ്പോൾ എൻ്റെ വീട്ടിൽ അല്ല. റേഷൻ കാർഡ് കയ്യിൽ ഇല്ല. ആധാർ മാത്രേ കയ്യിൽ ഉള്ളൂ. അങ്ങനെ ആെണെങ്കിൽ എനിക്ക് voter id card ഉണ്ടാക്കാൻ സാധിക്കുമോ? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
PGN Property Management
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.