I lost my Voter ID Card. How to get a new Voter ID card ?
Answered on December 14,2017
Applicants who have misplaced or lost their voter ID card can apply for a duplicate card instead of applying for a new one. This can also be done in case of theft of the original card. The process for applying for a duplicate voter ID card is given below:
• Collect a copy of Form 002 from an electoral office.
• Fill in the form and submit the along with relevant supporting documents. In the case of theft or loss, attach a copy of the FIR filed at the time of recording the loss.
• Once the application has been processed, a duplicate voter ID card will be sent to the address mentioned in the application form.
Answered on February 13,2019
- As soon as you lose your voter id, you must file an FIR at your at the police station of your area
- Keep a hard copy of the FIR with you.
- Get the Form 002 from regional election commission office or download it from their official website. This form is particularly for those who are applying for duplicate voter id card.
- Fill in all the required details and Attach a photocopy of FIR with the form.
- Attach all the required documents for date of birth, photo identity and address proof such as Pan Card, Passport, Driving License, etc.
- Put all the documents in an envelope and submit it to the nearest chief election commission office in your city or district.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question Answer this question
How to correct Voter ID card details ?A Voter ID Card, also known as the Electors Photo Identity Card (EPIC) is a photo identity card that is issued by the Election Commission of India to all the citizens of India above the age ..
How to Vote in elections ?Elections will be held in India every 5 years. In this guide, we will brief you on how to vote for elections in India. Eligibility Following people are eligible to cast their vote. Fo..