Answered on December 14,2017
Applicants who have misplaced or lost their voter ID card can apply for a duplicate card instead of applying for a new one. This can also be done in case of theft of the original card. The process for applying for a duplicate voter ID card is given below:
• Collect a copy of Form 002 from an electoral office.
• Fill in the form and submit the along with relevant supporting documents. In the case of theft or loss, attach a copy of the FIR filed at the time of recording the loss.
• Once the application has been processed, a duplicate voter ID card will be sent to the address mentioned in the application form.
Answered on February 13,2019
- As soon as you lose your voter id, you must file an FIR at your at the police station of your area
- Keep a hard copy of the FIR with you.
- Get the Form 002 from regional election commission office or download it from their official website. This form is particularly for those who are applying for duplicate voter id card.
- Fill in all the required details and Attach a photocopy of FIR with the form.
- Attach all the required documents for date of birth, photo identity and address proof such as Pan Card, Passport, Driving License, etc.
- Put all the documents in an envelope and submit it to the nearest chief election commission office in your city or district.