Answered on March 04,2018
Yes, the police verification will be done at all the addresses where the applicant has resided in the last one year.
- I applied for the passport but before police verification.I shifted from there. But the police came to that house that was mentioned on application form. I was present there and the police sent adverse report of current address.What should i do now?
- While applying for passport, I update it as graduate and above, I passed out MBA in 2021 but yet to receive certificates. Will that be an issue in passport verification?
- My passport expires last month and there is a mistake in my name. Should I apply for a new one and surrender the old one?
- After police verification is cleared, RPO is not proceeding to print the passport and is asking for documents 8012 and 8155. Why?
- Since the last few days, it was mentioned that the police has submitted the passport verification report to SP Office but now it says"pending for police verification" again. What to do?
- I have applied for new passport. For police verification parents passport/birth certificate/school leaving certificate is required. My parents lost their leaving certificate and their birth was not registered. Is there any other document I can submit?
- My passport is going to finish its validity/expire in September 2023. Should I apply for Reissue or Renewal of passport? Does it take police verification for this process. I am in Saudi Arabia.
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.