Answered on June 14,2018
While filling the Pan card application, you are requested to provide your first name, middle name and surname. Surname is only mandatory among it. You may not know the order in which you have filled each of these 3 names.
To find out the surname among it from your pan card, check the fifth character of your PAN. Fifth character of PAN is the first letter of your surname. Suppose, if it is ‘T’, the name which starts with the letter ‘T’ has been given as surname in the pan application form.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Vileena Rathnam Manohar
A R Ashraf
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.