Answered on August 31,2019
PAN cards are now being printed with Enhanced Quick Response (QR) Code.
Specimen of the PAN Card as per new design is as under:
Enhanced QR Code will contain Photograph & Signature of PAN applicant apart from existing information i.e., PAN, Name, Father’s Name/Mother’s Name, Date of Birth/Incorporation/Formation. The aforesaid details will be digitally signed & coded on the Enhanced QR Code.
Enhanced QR Code shall be readable by specific Mobile App which is available on Google Play Store (Key words – ‘Enhanced PAN QR Code Reader’). An auto focus camera having resolution of 12 Mega Pixel and above is recommended for reading of the Enhanced QR Code.
Positions of Photograph, Signature, Hologram and dimension of QR Code have changed.
The Enhanced QR code will also be provided in the e-PAN Card issued to the PAN applicants.
PAN cards and e–PAN Cards issued prior to July 7, 2018 in old design will also remain valid.
Pan card in Digilocker
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
Top contributors this week
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
Vileena Rathnam Manohar
BLUES AND JACKS OVERSEAS
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.