Answered on November 07,2019
Income Tax Department allows individuals not having a PAN card to download instant e-PAN. e-PAN is a digitally signed PAN card issued in electronic format by the I-T department. The service, which started on 29 June 2018, is available only for a limited period on a first-come-first-serve basis. This is available only for individuals who doesn't have PAN.
It’s free of cost. e-PAN is generated using the particulars available in Aadhaar. So the applicant needs to have an Aadhaar number. Also, mobile number should be linked with Aadhaar to receive OTP
Steps to apply for e-PAN
- Visit Income Tax Department Website
- Click on “Instant e-PAN” on the left hand side of the page
- Click on “Apply Instant e-PAN”
- Read through the guidelines. Click on Next
- Enter your name, date of birth , gender and Aadhaar number. Please ensure that the data you entered matches with your Aadhaar card. In case, there is any data mismatch, Aadhaar data validation will fail and you cannot proceed with e-PAN creation
- Click on Submit
- Applicant will receive OTP from Aadhaar on registered mobile number. On successful validation of OTP, the Aadhaar data of the applicant will be pre-filled in PAN application form.
- Applicant need to upload the scanned copy of the signature on a white paper as per the specification given below.
Resolution : 200 DPI , Type : Color , File type : JPEG , Size: Max 10 KB , Dimension : 2 X 4.5 cm
- After successful filing of e-PAN application, a 15 digit acknowledgment number will be generated and sent to the mobile number/email ID mentioned in the application form
- You can track the status of e-PAN and download it from the website
- An OTP will be send to mobile number to download the e-PAN
Answered on November 07,2019
Follow the below steps to get pan card instantly.
Visit Pan card website.
Click on Apply for new PAN Card (Form 49A).
Click on Digital Mode. Select any one of the options (Aadhaar based eKYC option, eSign Mode, DSC Mode). Under digital mode, applicants do not need to submit physical copy and application form will be signed using Aadhaar-based eSignature or digital signature. Make sure your Aadhaar is updated with your mobile number. An OTP is sent to the mobile number registered with Aadhaar, to conduct the e-KYC.
Select the Status of the Applicant
Select the PAN card mode. While making the application, the applicant has the option to choose whether he/she wants both a physical PAN card and an e-PAN or just an ePAN.
- Now you need to enter following details.
- Enter the personal details including the Aadhaar details.
- Enter the document details.
Provide contact and parent details.
Enter the address details. Physical PAN Card will be dispatched to applicant's communication address as per application form. e-PAN Card will be sent to applicant's e-mail ID as per application form.
You have to upload an image of your signature and a recent photograph in the prescribed format.
If you need a physical PAN card along with e-PAN, you are required to pay INR 107, whereas if you need only the e-PAN charges are INR 66.
Once you make the payment, digital pan card will be sent to your maild id.
Answered on December 03,2019
Check this short video to receive PAN card instantly.
Answered on June 22,2020
Getting a PAN (Permanent Account Number) card from the income tax department is now easier than ever before as anyone with an Aadhaar card can get an instant e-PAN for free. Issued in just 10 minutes in a soft copy format, the e-PAN is equivalent to the laminated PAN card that we are used to. Having a PAN card is mandatory for several purposes like paying income tax, filing income tax returns (ITR), opening a bank account or demat account, applying for a debit or credit card, etc.
Follow the below steps to get PAN card instantly.
Visit the Income Tax e-filing website. Click on the 'Instant PAN through Aadhaar' link on the portal, then select 'Get New PAN'. You will be asked to share your Aadhaar number after which you get an OTP (one time password) on your registered mobile number. Once you enter the OTP, all your Aadhaar details will be validated from the UIDAI database and PAN card will be issued.
Applicants get the PAN card in pdf format which contains a QR code having your demographic details such as name, date of birth and photograph. You can download the e-PAN by using the 15-digit acknowledgment number sent to you after completing the application process. A soft copy is also sent to the applicant's email id, if it is registered with Aadhaar. The income tax department had recently changed rules to make e-PAN equivalent to laminated PAN card.
PAN card is also being issued through NSDL and UTITSL but both the entities charge you for issuing the 10-digit alphanumeric number while it is completely free on the income tax department's portal.
Under the instant PAN facility, you do not need to fill up detailed application form as all the data is fetched from Aadhaar. With this, the two identity documents also get interlinked automatically and you can them use them interchangeably according to income tax rules.
The income tax department says the turnaround time for issuing an instant PAN is just about 10 minutes. So far more than 6.7 lakh such instant PAN cards have been issued.