Answered on October 02,2019
Birth certificates can be obtained only if the event of birth is registered with the KMC. Follow the below steps to check whether your birth is already registered or not.
Visit the Birth Search portal in West Bengal.
Enter Father's and Mother's name.
Enter Date of Birth.
Click on Submit.
If the birth is recorded, then you can see the birth registration number and hospital name of your child.
If you can find your birth registration details here, then you can visit the nearest KMC office to get Birth Certificate.
- I am from West Bengal. How can I correct my name on my childbirth certificate? It's a minor mistake in my name. Write Answer
- I live in West Bengal. I have lost my birth certificate. My certificate wasn't government-registered. How can I get the birth certificate? Write Answer
- My daughter birth date is on 15/01/2015 at Ramkrishna Sishumangol Seva Pratisthan. I didn't collect my daughter's birth certificate. How can I get my daughter's birth certificate? Write Answer
- How much time will it take to get a birth certificate in West Bengal from the time of application? Write Answer
- I was born in the year 1987 at CHITTARANJAN SEVA SADAN hospital in Kolkata. I do not have any birth certificate or hospital documents. How do I apply or get a birth certificate from KMC? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.