Answered on December 23,2017
An unconfirmed tatkal ticket will automatically be cancelled after the chart preparation - ie, 2 - 4 hours prior to the train departure.
If the ticket had been confirmed, you won't be provided a refund.
If you are not sure whether your tatkal ticket was confirmed during chart preparation and the journey date has passed, mail the details (pnr, date of journey and train number) to firstname.lastname@example.org and they're likely to respond within 48 hours.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
- How to get IRCTC e ticket through email? Write Answer
- I have booked 2 Tickets. The Train Departure Time is 06:20 PM onthis Day. Chart is not yet prepared.I'm in Waiting list 5. Will my Tickets get Confirmed or not? Write Answer
- How to download counter ticket online? I am traveling only with photo of ticket. Ticket collector is charging me. Write Answer
- Is there any chance to get waiting list tatkal ticket to get confirm? Write Answer
- I lost my old irtc number. But emails are same. How to add new mobile no? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
Vileena Rathnam Manohar
A R Ashraf
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.